How to hide cameras on Android app?

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On the main server, I have duplicate camera views setup since they maintain different functions. I have them hidden, however they all show up on the app. Is there away to hide on the app as well as the server?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
On the main server, I have duplicate camera views setup since they maintain different functions. I have them hidden, however they all show up on the app. Is there away to hide on the app as well as the server?
No..there is a workaround if you dont care about receiving alerts from the hidden cams. Simply place the cameras in a group and dont give the user access to the group.
I have asked the developer for this function long ago. The more folks that email and ask for it, the better change it will be implemented.

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, wasn't the ideal solution, but you're right, it works fine for now. Thanks for the tip!

Reaction score
Hello, was hoping for some help. I am trying to hide my cloned cameras on the app and when I got to my user and say to not give access that is fine. But once I try to log into the app it will no longer let me, what am I doing wrong?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Post a screenshot of your user configuration.

And another of the error message you get when you try to log in, where it fails.

Reaction score

And another of the error message you get when you try to log in, where it fails.
ok at work can't do that until tonight. However, have been messing around with this. I just tried it on my wife's login and it works. But as soon as I change her account to admin then it does not work. My account is the admin account and it will not work. So can I not use the admin account to do this?

Reaction score

I was able to finally get this all working correctly. For what ever reason all I had to do was reboot my computer and restart the service and the admin account now works fine. Thanks for your help sorry to waste your time.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has this feature been added yet? I'm fairly certain it hasn't but I wanted to make sure its not hidden somewhere and I haven't seen it

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Has this feature been added yet? I'm fairly certain it hasn't but I wanted to make sure its not hidden somewhere and I haven't seen it
yes, in the app (droid) settings>hide cameras...pretty sure it exists in the ios version as well.

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Another option is to create a new group with those cameras. I.e. I have cloned group called 'continuous' that I don't want to see in the app. I go to user settings and remove that group from the view of the particular user. From the terminal you can still select just that group, or "All Cameras.