How to improve scrub action?

moparcruiser

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, another newbie query.

I am a video editor by trade and am very used to using scrub on edit timelines etc. and am used to a very responsive scrub.

I am guessing my system is the major bottle neck causing the issue, but I have pretty poor scrub action while scrubbing through recorded/stored video so as to export.....the granularity of control is very large , another way of saying it.

Is there any way to improve this, even given that my PC is not a powerhouse (by today's standards) ?? Playback is fine....its just scrub giving me issues......it takes way too long to find the right ins/outs for export..... thoughts?

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My scrub is very responsive, I have a rolling 48 hours on SSD and about 1 month on 7200rpm 3.5 SATA drive. It might be worth opening task manager or even perfmon while you scrum and see if CPU/MEM/Disk IO/GPU is maxing out during srub to find if you have a bottleneck in or more areas.

moparcruiser

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My scrub is very responsive, I have a rolling 48 hours on SSD and about 1 month on 7200rpm 3.5 SATA drive. It might be worth opening task manager or even perfmon while you scrum and see if CPU/MEM/Disk IO/GPU is maxing out during srub to find if you have a bottleneck in or more areas.
Well, not much running aside from BI and Avast virus protection.....

My system is pretty old.....no doubt the main issue.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are BI and the recordings excluded from the virus protection software?

Scrubbing is fine for me on a 4th gen.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, not much running aside from BI and Avast virus protection.....

My system is pretty old.....no doubt the main issue.
The only thing you can do to improve performance on the old system is to add an SSD and install the OS, BI and the database on it. Otherwise you can upgrade to something much more powerful and efficient for 100 bux.