How to - Inverted install ? - PTZ1A225U-IRA-N

Insight

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Ed,
I have the NVR in a media/mechanical room so I don't hear it.
When I was bench testing, I did notice when the NVR's fan speed ramped up. If you are going to be near it I think you will notice it.
I have a full tower PC and the NVR's 'Normal' fan speed does not seem to be any louder that that (don't really notice it).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the the fan noise from your NVR5216-16P-4KS2E a problem? I trying to decided to buy POE or NON POE
Purchase the non-poe version if the NVR is going into a occupied living area, especially a bedroom.
The POE version can get rather loud at night when all the cams IR's are turned on, which cause's more heat in the NVR.
These are designed for business's, not homes.

Ed Boyer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The NVR will be located in my detached garage so I will not hear it unless I'm in the garage, even at that the garage is big enough it should a issue.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
The NVR will be located in my detached garage so I will not hear it unless I'm in the garage, even at that the garage is big enough it should a issue.
My 3 Hikvision NVR's are located in the garage. I do not hear them at all in the house and the master bedroom is right next to the garage. You should be good to go.

Ed Boyer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hope all is well with your PTZ and your entire system. My soffits is gray, do you think it is possible to paint the PTZ and would it have to be taking apart to do it. Thanks for your time.

Insight

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Ed,

Not sure about painting the PTZ, maybe you could ask Andy or one of the other smart people on the Forum.
(To be funny: this is America and so anything is possible but whether you should or whether it is worth it - well, that is for everyman to decide for himself)
Sorry, not much help on this one.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Helping a friend out that just bought this - we changed the settings as shown in this thread to inverted to get the semi-protective shield (or lip) of the camera to the top and his is an inverted install, but now the image is upside down on the GUI?

It is now correct image on the NVR - is there a way to flip it on the camera GUI so that the "protective lip" on the top of the camera stays on top and you see the image correctly?

I am thinking options are set up IVS and stuff looking at an upside down image on the GUI or flip the camera so the lip is on the bottom and then flip the image in the NVR. My friend will never be in the GUI after it is set up, so I will probably just configure it from an upside down GUI.

He is also a mac guy so I had to bring my windows computer down to setup. Anyone have luck setting up in the OSX environment?

EDIT - nevermind - I tried Pale Moon today and it flipped it correctly.

Last edited: