how to just record sub stream

Reaction score
hi
i have two hikvision DS-7608NI-E1 in same site with five hikvision ip camera that conected to same network. i want one of the NVR record main stream of all cameras (currently this work fine) and other NVR just record sub stream of all cameras (or sub stream from first NVR) but i didn't found any options in my NVRs to stop recording for main stream
please tell me how i can configure second NVR to just record sub stream (from cameras or from first NVR)

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes you can record the sub stream! The process is slightly different if your sitting at the NVR local, or if your in a web browser. If your in a web browser, go to configuration, storage, schedule settings. At the top is a drop down to select which cam you want to change settings for. Select the cam, then chose “advanced” and a new window will pop up. Change the stream type to “sub stream” hit ok and the window will close. Then make sure to hit save after the window closes!

Reaction score
Yes you can record the sub stream! The process is slightly different if your sitting at the NVR local, or if your in a web browser. If your in a web browser, go to configuration, storage, schedule settings. At the top is a drop down to select which cam you want to change settings for. Select the cam, then chose “advanced” and a new window will pop up. Change the stream type to “sub stream” hit ok and the window will close. Then make sure to hit save after the window closes!
tnx for your answer.
you are correct and now the second NVR ust record sub stream but now i have another problem:
now the second nvr connect to main stream and second stream together (but just record sub stream), now i want the second NVR connect just to second stream for bandwidth limition
is there any way to config second NVR to just connect to second stream? because the second NVR is connected with a wifi bridge and i want to minimize bandwidth as much as posible

Reaction score
If an RTSP stream, as opposed to the native camera connection, would work for you, you could try this form of RTSP URL:
HikVision - stream path URL?
yes you are right, and i do it in past but it make another problem: if i use rtsp stream then i cannot receive alarm in second NVR and i just receive video stream, is there any way to receive alarm (alarm input signal) in rtsp stream?