How to lock down blue Iris. Help please.

Ineedhelp

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a blue Iris client and im wondering how i can prevent a deletion of clips from the console. On the right hand pane is the clips and the clips can be deleted if you right click them and go to destroy or recycle. Is there way i can block those actions from the blue Iris console?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a blue Iris client and im wondering how i can prevent a deletion of clips from the console. On the right hand pane is the clips and the clips can be deleted if you right click them and go to destroy or recycle. Is there way i can block those actions from the blue Iris console?
No, if someone you cannot trust has access to the console you have bigger problems than that.
Either lock the pc or set password to restore from minimized state (blue iris options>startup) or remove mouse and keyboard..

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If they have access to the computer, you can delete clips without being in BI... Like said above... the whole computer needs to be locked down, not BI.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lock the computer down should probably be a dedicated machine anyway. Use web server / android apps to allow less privileged users to view feeds.

Ineedhelp

n3wb
Reaction score
The PC does have a password and the storage folders are locked down as well. So they can not get in to the storage folders. I suggested to the client we can just lock the computer up and have it run that way. But he wants the people or the other bartenders to be able to see the cameras if they are downstairs. So the better question is how i can make the camera feed when maximize stay that way and not have people un-maximize it. Where they can get into the settings. Last time i tried to user a standard account and i couldnt get blue iris to open, I dont know if that because my admin account was still logged in and running or not.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Remove the keyboard and mouse..No one should be touching the machine..

Reaction score
What version of Windows are you using? Go to BI options- Startup and uncheck "Require run-as Administrator for console or when stand-alone" Go into the BlueIris folder and open it using "BlueIris" not "BlueIrisAdmin". It'll prompt you for a username and password. Sign in using an account that does not have privileges to view recordings. This will prevent the user from being able to access the clips menu. Ofcurse the better option is to secure the computer in a secure room and just run an HDMI cable for a remote monitor. This way the employees can view the cameras but don't have any control over it or the ability to pull the power from the computer.