How to make alerts only function on certain cameras?

swatpup102

n3wb
Reaction score
Newer Blue Iris user here. I've got my system with 4 IP cams, everything is working great, monitor via android phone. One big annoyance I have is that 3 of my cameras point in a way that sees movement all day, so I end up getting tons of alerts. I want it to record those events, but I'd like to not get alerts on those three cameras, only getting them on the 4th camera. I tried in the camera properties, under alerts, to select "Fire when: Never" and that does absolutely nothing I can tell so far. Anyone know the correct way to get alerts to not list as alerts but still record on the motion triggers? Even if it is just that it doesn't show the alerts on the android app for those cameras that'd be fine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Newer Blue Iris user here. I've got my system with 4 IP cams, everything is working great, monitor via android phone. One big annoyance I have is that 3 of my cameras point in a way that sees movement all day, so I end up getting tons of alerts. I want it to record those events, but I'd like to not get alerts on those three cameras, only getting them on the 4th camera. I tried in the camera properties, under alerts, to select "Fire when: Never" and that does absolutely nothing I can tell so far. Anyone know the correct way to get alerts to not list as alerts but still record on the motion triggers? Even if it is just that it doesn't show the alerts on the android app for those cameras that'd be fine.
Welcome to the forum. Note that the alerts are profile specific so make sure you are setting the correct profile to never.