How to manage older Hikvisions in modern browser? E.g. DS-2CD3332-I

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a few of these turret cams running now for years on end. One is chinese but I did run a firmware update many years back. Two of them are the US rebrand bought from LTS Inc (CMIP1132). They've been amazing, but since I have no DVR or PC software I manage them through a browser. I have two old PCs with versions of IE that still run the unsafe plugin needed to view video on the cameras, but they've never run on Chrome, nor on any new PC I build. Is there any firmware for these I could put on that would get this to work? I still need features like the ability to FTP images on events.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
they've never run on Chrome, nor on any new PC I build.
If the new PC runs Windows 10, IE11 is still there, just not very obvious.

But if it's just configuration management that you want to do, the Batch Configuration Tool works quite well :

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If the new PC runs Windows 10, IE11 is still there, just not very obvious.

But if it's just configuration management that you want to do, the Batch Configuration Tool works quite well :
Thanks--I knew IE was here but I swear I could not for the life of me get it to work even playing with various security settings a while back. But now I can, on all three cams. Popped right up on this Windows 10 box with IE, so I'm thinking I'm good for a couple more years.

I've just been so happy with these cameras. They have been reliable and without complaint for so long.