How to obtain Warranty Service

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

IPC HFW 4421s bought on Amazon, dealer out of business.

How do I obtain warranty service, am I covered, bought in 2016.

Thank you,

Jeff

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

IPC HFW 4421s bought on Amazon, dealer out of business.

How do I obtain warranty service, am I covered, bought in 2016.

Thank you,

Jeff
You can't... dealer was not an authorized seller...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So when a camera needs repair the dealer has to honor the warranty,not Dahua itself?
dahua only honors warranties when you purchase from authorized dealers...as is common across many industries.

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
dahua only honors warranties when you purchase from authorized dealers...as is common across many industries.
So no Dahuas cameras sold on Amazon or Ebay will be eligible for warranty service, correct ?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no warranty...

what's wrong with the camera?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried the reset button? Do you get a link light on your switch when you plug it in?

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried the reset button? Do you get a link light on your switch when you plug it in?
This model 4421s has NO tiny reset switch under the hood once you unscrew it like its predecessors, no activity light on the switch.

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did water penetrate the connection?
Not that I know of since all my other 20 dahuas are mounted outside.

I thought ip66/67 made them waterproof?

This particular camera has protection of the roof overhang so limited contact to direct elements would be minimal.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This model 4421s has NO tiny reset switch under the hood once you unscrew it like its predecessors, no activity light on the switch.
link and activity don't mean the same thing. on some switches there are two lights, other solid for link flashing for activity.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

This particular camera has protection of the roof overhang so limited contact to direct elements would be minimal.
The camera's are generally pretty good, but ethernet connection is usually the weakest link. Using dielectric grease is often recommended to further waterproof.

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
link and activity don't mean the same thing. on some switches there are two lights, other solid for link flashing for activity.
No light at all for a specific port goes on when cam is connected.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I think most sellers on ebay or amazon no real warranty, some guys just want to earn fast money, cheap price with 0 warranty, so most guys here buy from us and get the real warranty. lol.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

The rating does not apply to the ethernet and power connection...how did you seal them?

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The neighbours had a 4431 turret that played up after it had been installed for a while - we had to strip it and put a paperclip between pins 1 & 2 on the PCB for a minute or so - it may be worth trying that here too if there is no reset switch.

Once that was done it came back up with default settings and has been rock solid ever since.

hdtvjeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The neighbours had a 4431 turret that played up after it had been installed for a while - we had to strip it and put a paperclip between pins 1 & 2 on the PCB for a minute or so - it may be worth trying that here too if there is no reset switch.

Once that was done it came back up with default settings and has been rock solid ever since.
Do that with power supply connected?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do that with power supply connected?
power is required to reset a camera. on some cameras the board isn't populated with a reset switch, just pins.
See ResetIPCamera - Dahua Wiki for some pictures that will help.

Connect something between the correct pins, and apply power keep the reset connected for >1 minute.

It might not do any good but it's worth a try.