How to record

GT60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a Dahua I system with an NVR and need to transfer an recording off the Pc or Nvr on to a memory stick for the police.
The PC would be better as you can hear the sound but on the NVR I can seem to get the sound to work.

Help please
Thanks

GT60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi the NVR is Nvr 104 hs p 4ks2
On the pc i use IE to access the Cctv sometimes and i also have the Smart PSS programme installed which i am learning to use.

I presume everything is recorded on to the HD of my NVR as the cameras are conected to this.
Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi the NVR is Nvr 104 hs p 4ks2
On the pc i use IE to access the Cctv sometimes and i also have the Smart PSS programme installed which i am learning to use.

I presume everything is recorded on to the HD of my NVR as the cameras are conected to this.
Thanks
The manual that came on the small disc with the NVR should help explain how to do this.
You have to have a set of powered speakers hooked to the NVR to hear the sound. It's recorded.
Easiest way is to plug a USB thumb drive into a USB port on the NVR, then use the built-in tools in the NVR to export the section the police need.
***People, you really you should learn how to do this when you first get a security cam setup, instead of waiting until you NEED it to figure it out. Sometimes, time is of the essence for the police to get the video.

Once you learn how to do it, it only takes a matter of minutes for you to export the video and hand it to the police while they wait.

GT60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks @looney2ns i justed panicked but i agree i need to read and learn how to use it
As for the NVR sound wont the TV its hooked up to be sufficient for the sound?

Thanks again.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks @looney2ns i justed panicked but i agree i need to read and learn how to use it
As for the NVR sound wont the TV its hooked up to be sufficient for the sound?

Thanks again.
It depends. If you have it hooked to the TV via HDMI, then if your TV supports it, the sound should be sent to the TV via HDMI cable.
If you have it connected to the TV via any other method, then you would have to attach a cable to the sound output on the NVR to sound in on the TV.