How to reduce output Ethernet speed in PoE NVR ?

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a 100 meter cable and camera HIKVISION DS-2CD2423G0-IW.
Tests via standard PoE Injector as well as PoE Switch shows hat camera does not work under speed 100 Mbps. With speed 10 Mbps full duplex it works perfect. But to reduce this speed I need to do into camera's menu.

In case this camera is connected to NVR HIKVISION DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) this setting menu from camera is not available. I cannot find a way to reduce the speed of secondary Ethernet ports in NVR.

Please help

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
In case this camera is connected to NVR HIKVISION DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) this setting menu from camera is not available.
You can access the camera web GUI directly from the NVR 'Virtual Host' facility if you enable it.
Like so :
upload_2019-6-18_10-39-12.png

Then the camera can be access via the links in the right hand column of the Camera Management page :
upload_2019-6-18_10-40-14.png

But it may be worth trying the PoE options available in the NVR VGA/HDMI interface, where you can specify that a channel is connected via a long cable. Camera Management | PoE Configuration.
Select 'On' for a long cable.
The camera ethernet interface will auto-detect the forced lower speed of the NVR PoE port.

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
But it may be worth trying the PoE options available in the NVR VGA/HDMI interface, where you can specify that a channel is connected via a long cable. Camera Management | PoE Configuration.
Thanks, it works ! I din't thought that Web-Interface is different from VGA/HDMI Interface (which I never use).

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, it works ! I din't thought that Web-Interface is different from VGA/HDMI Interface (which I never use).
That's good!
But I must say - there will be something wrong with your cable if it does not establish full duplex at 100Mbps with a 100m length.
Is it wired correctly to the T568B scheme?

I usually run the NVRs 'headless' also - but I just happen to have a Hikvision NVR on soak test, bought as 'spares and repairs' and working OK.

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's good!
But I must say - there will be something wrong with your cable if it does not establish full duplex at 100Mbps with a 100m length.
Is it wired correctly to the T568B scheme?

I usually run the NVRs 'headless' also - but I just happen to have a Hikvision NVR on soak test, bought as 'spares and repairs' and working OK.
Yes, today we use T568B, but with T568A could be the same problem since all paired fires Ary symmetrical.
More important is a cable quality, Cat5e is not really optimal for long distances >100 meters, better to take Cat6/7/8/FO.

NVR is just a part of network, second Ethernet transiver is installed in the camera itself. This transiver in the cheap G0 cameras not perfect.
Today this problem was with camera HIKVISION DS-2CD2423G0-IW (2MP). But I had the same problem with HIKVISION DS-2CD2443G0-IW (4MP). Fortunately it was connected via PoE Switch HIKVISION DS-3E0105P-E which as a slider "Extend" in order to reduce speed.