How to RESET DS-2CD2342WD-I 4MP WDR EXIR Turret

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have exported the config from a 2CD2342 with fw 5.4.3 and from 2CD2352 with fw 5.4.5 and both files are binary and possibly encoded. I canot find in them in plain text the passwords of the cameras. I also cannot find the passwords of the cameras or of the NVR 7604NI-SE/P in the NVR config file which is also binary and possibly encoded.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have any R6 cameras, just R0 models - I moved away from Hikvision to get better low-light performance from better sensors.
But if the 2342 exported configuration file is done the same way as the 2xx2, it is a sqlite3 database encrypted and encoded to make it hard to retrieve the password or change the language.
And I've seen that the 76xxNI-SE NVR firmware has a different approach to security than the 76xxNI-E firmware, so maybe they have protected the exported IPC configuration file a little better. It might be interesting to take a look though ...

graemac

n3wb
Reaction score
Well done for getting there. Sigh of relief all round. And good support by Hikvision.

Now - out of curiosity if you wish to try it - assuming you now have all cameras added to the NVR - do an NVR IPC configuration export, save the file in a safe place, suitably labelled, and open it with Excel or equivalent and confirm you can read the passwords in plaintext.
That would save writing them down and forgetting where the post-it note was.
Great idea, thank you.

Will do.

graemac

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have any R6 cameras, just R0 models - I moved away from Hikvision to get better low-light performance from better sensors.
But if the 2342 exported configuration file is done the same way as the 2xx2, it is a sqlite3 database encrypted and encoded to make it hard to retrieve the password or change the language.
And I've seen that the 76xxNI-SE NVR firmware has a different approach to security than the 76xxNI-E firmware, so maybe they have protected the exported IPC configuration file a little better. It might be interesting to take a look though ...
I'll check mine tonight.