How to reset NVR pw and NVMS7000, remote connection failed

gbraynen

n3wb
Reaction score
I have home security setup with cameras and DVR. There is a monitor directly connected to DVR showing the cameras, all are on and working. We had a new internet router was replaced with spectrum last week and then I have not been able to stream the live video using the NVMS7000 remote connection via computer/iphone/ipad. Wifi works. Even I restarted the router still wont work, tried to ask help from my IT guy, he is going to bill me $120 every time for the issue fixed. He wont give out the admin and password, is there any way to reset the password? Please HELP! many thanks!
Did you ever got this sorted out with LTS or your installer?

cowen80194

n3wb
Reaction score
It is becoming more and more common that Manufactures are no longer dealing with customers and using vendors for install and service work.

I am a registered vendor of LTS and my AGREEMENT specifically states that I am NOT ALLOWED to provide the information directly.

Gen VI has/had that issue where the firmware was compromised because someone let the master codes out for every single machine that is produced. So now to get the support you have to replace the device (what I did) or become a VENDOR with that company.

If I break my AGREEMENT due to childish moves like someone posting my information on a website to "shame me" I can lose my vendor's status with that company.
This is not my choice but how manufacturers are doing business.

Ubiquiti is really bad at that, I have installed several networks but UNIFI refuses to address my issues with these devices, so I have to contact LTS who is a vendor for them for support.

I will not put my vendor status at risk.

The IT guy is allowed to charge what they want for services rendered.
The unlock reset code changes according to the DATE and the serial number of the system so you have to get a new code each day that takes time. The Generator for LTS is not online, that is a security risk that puts many customers at risk.

Would you build a fence for someone for free taking time out of your day when there is a paying customer?
120.00 seems cheap but I cost 150.00 an hour, I do discount for simple things.

Now harassing the IT Guy is not a great idea you just get blocked, and there are others that are LTS vendors, unlike some companies at least we are not REGIONALIZED so I, for example, could support a system in any state and no violate my AGREEMENT.

Hykvision will NOT provide support to customers I already tried that and the LOCAL installer will not support it unless I pay him for a replacement system. I am a LTS vendor, guess what, I will just do that, myself and I can support the system, myself for my customers.

So shaming someone and requiring they give you the keys to the GLOBAL castle is not very smart or cool since those keys open doors that no-one else needs access to.

I use a large system in the Arlington EOD (SWAT) unit so I can tell you from experience that these are used in places that 99.9% of the population should not have access to.

If IT Guy is being a jerk there are other LTS vendors and if you contact the LOCAL office a salesperson there can direct you to others.

The thread is old but this still applies. This is why you can get cheap swann units at costco and sit on hold for 12 hours waiting for support to hang up on you or not call or email you back for days or ever.

I have to recover a password ADMIN for a customer since the Texas blackout. He forgot his user account settings, I can log in remotely but I do not have the current password on this system (it was a long time ago install), and I do most of this free for people who are polite to me. Shame me and you get what you sow. My customers are the likes of Kohls and Macy so I do not put with that kinda stuff. I do like sugar and honey though.

lfg

n3wb
Reaction score
I have home security setup with cameras and DVR. There is a monitor directly connected to DVR showing the cameras, all are on and working. We had a new internet router was replaced with spectrum last week and then I have not been able to stream the live video using the NVMS7000 remote connection via computer/iphone/ipad. Wifi works. Even I restarted the router still wont work, tried to ask help from my IT guy, he is going to bill me $120 every time for the issue fixed. He wont give out the admin and password, is there any way to reset the password? Please HELP! many thanks!
The solution was two fold: Call your internet provider and find out what the new IP address for your network is (usually 192.168.xxx). Sometimes the xxx part changes with a new router. Then login to your DVR configuration and see if you need to modify the Network configuration with a new IP address. This may be more complicated if you don't have DHCP, so you may need some help. Next, ask your internet provider how to login to your new router and configure the DVR IP address and port (usually 8000) in the Port Forwarding section of your router. Unfortunately, most ISP's won't help you with this because they don't "want to be responsible". It it quite technical, and you may need help from a friend or a PC tech, if your DVR Installer isn't available.