How to save BI recording within IE?

TreborXof

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am unable to save a pre-recorded video to a windows desktop when accessing it via Internet Explorer.

Windows 10 Pro, using IE11, ActiveX installed 4.0.0.11.
When selecting a previous recording then clicking the red record button within IE, it will save a portion of the beginning of the video but not the entire clip and I cannot figure out how to make a selection of the video to save. If I use the slider bar and play the selection in which I wish to save or pause it at the beginning of the media I wish to save then press the record button the slider jumps back to the beginning of the clip and nothing really occurs.

This seems either very buggy or I am not following the correct process to save the video within IE.

Is there a manual with instructions that covers this process?

Thank you

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is probably a little buggy, but I think the process is to seek to the place you want to start, press the red button, then stop it when it gets to where you want it to stop.

The new UI (UI3) has easier exporting. You just can't use it in IE and you get the slightly inferior AVI format instead of MP4.

To use UI3's export, right click on the clip you wish to export, and there will be an "Export as AVI" option. Then there are little green and red handles you can drag to define start and end positions. When you have your positions set, you can choose whether or not to include audio, then click "Begin Export" in the lower right corner.