How to Set up up Continous and motion recording

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi ip Cam Talk,

Right now I have all my cameras set on continuous recording But I would like if there is a way to see in my timeline where motion is being set, Anyway to do this?

That way if I want to see something at night, I don't have to guess in Playback where I think their was possible movement..

If this helps here are the cameras and NVR that I Have

Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1/4P NVR
Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-I 2.8mm
Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IWS/2 3Mp

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi ip Cam Talk,

Right now I have all my cameras set on continuous recording But I would like if there is a way to see in my timeline where motion is being set, Anyway to do this?

That way if I want to see something at night, I don't have to guess in Playback where I think their was possible movement..

If this helps here are the cameras and NVR that I Have

Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1/4P NVR
Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-I 2.8mm
Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IWS/2 3Mp
Yes, but it can only be seen from the NVR inteface (hdmi, vga) not via browser...

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, but it can only be seen from the NVR inteface (hdmi, vga) not via browser...
Anyway you could walk me through these steps ?

How come I can't do it from the browser side? This is usually how I look at my past video recordings.

Also would it be possible to look at it through the iVMS-4000 for PC? I suppose I could download and install it if that's the case.

I just hate Trying to guess if their was motion or not. It takes a while

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyway you could walk me through these steps ?

How come I can't do it from the browser side? This is usually how I look at my past video recordings.

Also would it be possible to look at it through the iVMS-4000 for PC? I suppose I could download and install it if that's the case.

I just hate Trying to guess if their was motion or not. It takes a while
You cannot use the browser. Setup motion detection and continuous record and you will see the motion marked when use the NVR only.
Not sure about ivms.

Rellim

n3wb
Reaction score
I use iVMS 4200 on pc and haven't been able to find it so don't think it is possible in this package. Wish it was and would love to be proved wrong.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You cannot use the browser. Setup motion detection and continuous record and you will see the motion marked when use the NVR only.
Not sure about ivms.
I just checked my NVR and I have motion detection and continuous recording and im still not able to see motion or event detected in the playback section

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I couldnt get this to work on my 32ch with an older fw, it was called Dynamic Analysis, not sure if its the same on your model.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Travieso If you don't want to access via the NVR directly why not setup email alerts that occur with either motion or line crossing or both. Once you dial those in you will have email/notifications with snap shots. If you see something in those snapshots you know where to look in the reply which can be accessed via the browser.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rellim

n3wb
Reaction score
My NVR log can be accessed via the web browser and can extract motion and smart events. Not sure whether it can record them while continuously recording but it does record them if the camera is running and the NVR is not actually recording a particular camera.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I couldnt get this to work on my 32ch with an older fw, it was called Dynamic Analysis, not sure if its the same on your model.
I have the latest Firmware V3.3.4 Build 150811

@zero-degrees That sounds good and all I dont want to flood my email with a bunch of email alerts, Yes I could probably make a new email for this but it's more of a hassle then anything, Im not sure if I have Motion Detection set wrong, or I'm I missing something, I just checked again for Events under Recordings and I see nothing what so ever even after enabling those services, Thanks For posting

@Rellim What NVR do you have? Im able to playback footage just not see any motion detected from it so let's say if I want to see something I literally have to fast forward or skip in pieces and maybe hope I see something differently, That's very time consuming, Theirs gotta be a better way of viewing playback footage with Motion detected.

Rellim

n3wb
Reaction score
@Traviesco I have NVR 7608N-E2/8P V3.3.4 Build 150616. I can look at my log and filter for motion and smart events, unfortunately not merely on one camera but the log shows all searched events by time and camera. I can then put a time on the web interface timeline and play it. Unfortunately I get endless images of spiders and moths so I have a second camera with line crossing set to filter my selection. I've not checked my NVR video interface because I run it headless but I believe this is the only platform that gives event marking on a continuous record stream. My firmware only plays at 4 times - very slow

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As suggested already, my solution is to have email alerts. This gives me continuous recording and notifications when motion occurs. Obviously for this to be effective you need to spend some time to setup your motion settings in order to avoid false triggers flooding your inbox.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Traviesco I have NVR 7608N-E2/8P V3.3.4 Build 150616. I can look at my log and filter for motion and smart events, unfortunately not merely on one camera but the log shows all searched events by time and camera. I can then put a time on the web interface timeline and play it. Unfortunately I get endless images of spiders and moths so I have a second camera with line crossing set to filter my selection. I've not checked my NVR video interface because I run it headless but I believe this is the only platform that gives event marking on a continuous record stream. My firmware only plays at 4 times - very slow
@Rellim I actually just tried that, It works pretty good. Thanks for the input

@ADCS I'm gonna try email alerts with motion and line crossing, Now I just need to learn how to configure email notifications

@zero-degrees Any info on How to set up a Gmail account and how to properly set line crossing?

Also does anyone have any info on how to set up a NAS? I have a spare Purple Hard Drive and If I remember correctly my Asus AC66U has NAS or cloud Capabilities Anyone has experience doing this ?

The reason why I would like to set up NAS at least to save Snapshots is because whatever happens if they steal the NVR ? Atleast I could hide this NAS And make it harder for them to find it, Again just a shot in the ballpark always thinking the what ifs to happen scenario

Thanks for everything

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Travieso once you have a valid gmail address your ready to go.

Populate the following email settings in your NVR under the email settings located under network.

Sender: Whatever Name you Want
Senders address: Your email/gmail address@gmail.com
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port: 465
Enable SSL: Checked
Attached Image: Checked
Interval: 2 (this will send you 3 images spaced 2 seconds apart from time alarm tripped.
Username: emailaddress@gmail.com
Password:
confirm:

Once you populate everything you can "test" via the test link and it should confirm your settings. If it fails you will need to assure "allow less secure apps" is enabled within the google account. This is located under "Sign in and Security" in your "My Account" portion of your account.

Rellim

n3wb
Reaction score
@Traviesco I got 273 motion triggers in 3 hours last night from a newly resident spider. This from motion sensitivity 1. This is why I don't use a gmail account for this camera. Wish I could set an "and" statement for motion and line crossing. Good luck with whatever you finish with.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Traviesco I got 273 motion triggers in 3 hours last night from a newly resident spider. This from motion sensitivity 1. This is why I don't use a gmail account for this camera. Wish I could set an "and" statement for motion and line crossing. Good luck with whatever you finish with.
@Rellim - its all about location and where you live. I have two cameras with motion and line crossing active, motion is set to lowest sensitivity also. I receive only 1 maybe 2 false trigger emails a day, and those are normally caused by the squirrel that that likes to hid nuts in our front flower beds or sit on our front porch. As for spider webs, i have them on the front porch cam, but once a month i stick broom up and clean them off, not much more maintaining then that and I eliminate the false positives.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Travieso once you have a valid gmail address your ready to go.

Populate the following email settings in your NVR under the email settings located under network.

Sender: Whatever Name you Want
Senders address: Your email/gmail address@gmail.com
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port: 465
Enable SSL: Checked
Attached Image: Checked
Interval: 2 (this will send you 3 images spaced 2 seconds apart from time alarm tripped.
Username: emailaddress@gmail.com
Password:
confirm:

Once you populate everything you can "test" via the test link and it should confirm your settings. If it fails you will need to assure "allow less secure apps" is enabled within the google account. This is located under "Sign in and Security" in your "My Account" portion of your account.
Thank You, @zero-degrees, I finally got Email notification working It

I guess I have to play with the Sensitivity I had it on 3 and man oh man I had about 60 email notification within 4 hours, lol My Cell phone was going crazy, So I had to put my phone on silent, I lowered it down to 1 hopefully this will only really notify me if someone actually passes by my front yard or driveway, It was picking up cars on the street.