How to setup continuous recording for all cams?

HarryMe

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear all,
I have four Foscams connected to blue iris and can see the stream. However when I hit the record button on top it only records 30 seconds and stops. I want it to record all streams continuously and delete old recordings after seven days.

I don't understand the program to be honest. The workflow is not very straightforward.

Can you help me please?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dear all,
I have four Foscams connected to blue iris and can see the stream. However when I hit the record button on top it only records 30 seconds and stops. I want it to record all streams continuously and delete old recordings after seven days.

I don't understand the program to be honest. The workflow is not very straightforward.

Can you help me please?
Welcome. There is a help file on each settings page and a getting started topic in the help file. Blue iris is very powerful and customizable and therefore has lots of options. You are triggering manual recording which is limited to 30 seconds by default (that setting can be changed)..
To record continuously simply go to the camera record tab and select continuously.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Dear all,

Can you help me please?
If you have the time try to play with settings everyday or as much as possible, and read the help as you do so. Just make small changes, I had the same problem as you when I first started. Eventually you will like the help button.

jnweith

n3wb
Reaction score
To continuous record a camera you want to go to that camera's properties and on the Record tab select continuous for each profile you want to record under.

To delete the recordings after seven days, go to Blue Iris Options, Clips and archving tab and under Folders select "Limit clip age" and set it to seven days.