How to tell if DS-7608NI-12/8P is an import or legit AU stock

glenncol

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all

I was about to pull the trigger on a DS-7608NI-12/8P to replace my 7616NI-E2 NVR, is there away of telling if the unit in an import of legit AU stock? as i live in Australia

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
is there away of telling if the unit in an import of legit AU stock?
If the model number is accurate, the '-NI' as opposed to '-N' in the suffix suggests it's an International model as opposed to a Chinese model with hacked firmware.

Also is it worth the upgrade?
Certainly if you want to move to higher-resolution cameras and use h.265 to reduce the impact on storage history.

don camera

n3wb
Reaction score
hello please i have a problem with nvr hikvision ds-7608 NI-E2/P8 i have 3 camera okay and can't read the other cameras "no link" .....pls how i can find the problem!!!?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i have 3 camera okay and can't read the other cameras "no link" .....pls how i can find the problem!!!?
You must supply much more information if anyone is going to be able to give you any useful problem solving ideas.
Read your post as if it is not you and try to understand how you would respond when you don't know any more that what is in the post.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hello please i have a problem with nvr hikvision ds-7608 NI-E2/P8 i have 3 camera okay and can't read the other cameras "no link" .....pls how i can find the problem!!!?
Please start a new thread.