How to trigger differently based on daylight hours vs. nighttime

Zaphod

n3wb
Reaction score
Please forgive me, I'm a n00b andI'm struggling to get an understanding of Profiles, BI Schedules and Camera Schedules and how to use all this to accomplish the following:

Goal:
I have a camera (named Street) that I would like to trigger differently based on 2 times of day:
  • daylight hours (Default)
  • nighttime hours (Sundown)

During daylight hours I want to have a fairly sensitive trigger. During nighttime hours I want a much less sensitive trigger to compensate for noise that results from low light conditions. I've been fumbling through various settings and reading through posts here, but I'm still clueless. Can anyone offer some steps to follow to accomplish this?

Configuration:
  • Blue Iris 4.1.9.2
  • 3 Foscam PT cameras
  • 2 USB cameras
  • Windows8 64bit w/i7-4770 CPU

The attached images might offer a clue as to where I am now.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Zaphod, Welcome to the forum. You dont have to override the global schedule. Set the global schedule as you have in your second post (except you might also want to set it relative to sunrise sunset so that it adjusts through the year and enter the correct longitude/latitude.
In the motion settings, select the profile you want to adjust and set your sensitivity.

Also, disable object detect reject in each camera, otherwise you will miss motion events.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaphod

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for replying. I did as you suggested and it's working great.