How to update Dahua Firmware (IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE) on laview camera (LVS-DHPTK3682W-28)

Eagle29

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I have purchased few laview camera (LaView Saturn 4K 8MP PoE IP Turret Cameras) and recently came to know on ipcamtalk that, it is possible to update these camera's with Dahua firmware.

As Dahua firmware is mostly kept upto date, can anyone please provide steps on how to do that?

While reading the forum, I think laview turret cameras are equivalent to Dahua (IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE) camera, can anyone please confirm this and provide the dahua firmware?

Thank you guys for our support on this.

Tsu Ko

n3wb
Reaction score

Just did this tonight. So far it seems to be working fine.

Last edited:

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I have purchased few laview camera (LaView Saturn 4K 8MP PoE IP Turret Cameras) and recently came to know on ipcamtalk that, it is possible to update these camera's with Dahua firmware.

As Dahua firmware is mostly kept upto date, can anyone please provide steps on how to do that?

While reading the forum, I think laview turret cameras are equivalent to Dahua (IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE) camera, can anyone please confirm this and provide the dahua firmware?

Thank you guys for our support on this.

Just did this tonight. So far it seems to be working fine.
How did you update the firmware. I tried using dahua toolbox but I get a password error. Laviews ip tool doesn't see my cameras.

Eagle29

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Change ur pc ip address to 192.168.1.111 and connect ur pc and camera to same switch. After this dahu camera will be able to find the camera. After that goto browser and enter 192.168.1.108

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Change ur pc ip address to 192.168.1.111 and connect ur pc and camera to same switch. After this dahu camera will be able to find the camera. After that goto browser and enter 192.168.1.108
Thanks. I found the update setting in the GUI of the camera. Browsed to the .bin file for the dahua firmware and Bam.....it worked.

Tsu Ko

n3wb
Reaction score
do the ‘factory default’ after the firmware upgrade