How to use Hikvision Alarm input connections

cmitty

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to get a PIR to work with my Hikvision camera, but I cannot get the PIR to make a call via the camera pigtail connections. When I set the camera up to carry out a specific task upon alarm input notification nothing happens, hence I know it is not working.

I have bought a Hikvision PTZ DS-2DE4A220IW-DE (see link 1) and a GJD PIR (see link 2). My camera has an alarm input pigtail named IN1/IN2/GND. I have connected separate power to my PIR + and - points, and then I have ran two small cables between the camera pigtail, and the PIR as follows:

Pigtail IN1 to PIR port A and Camera Pigtail GND to PIR port S (see link 3 page number 4)

ower is working to the PIR as it flashes upon power up, but then I cant get the PIR to call the Camera connection. Within the camera interface, I have this currently set to "NO". I did try "NC" too but still no joy :(

What am I doing wrong?

Link 1 - Hikvision UK & Ireland

Link 2 - Mini Opal - GJD332 | GJD - Detect & Secure

Link 3 - http://www.gjd.co.uk/sites/default/files/pdf-files/mini_opal.pdf

Chris

immers

n3wb
Reaction score
Not wishing to hijack this thread but I have exactly the same setup, with a DS 2142 dome camera. I am getting an alert every 60 seconds to be precise, even when there is no activity. The pir is not at fault as I have it disconnected from the camera but I still get the alert every 60 seconds. Anybody have any ideas? Can post a new thread if need be....thanks in advance.

cmitty

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you sure you do not have the cameras motion detection on? When I use my camera motion detection it's constantly sending me alerts. Also have you tried removing the PIR LINK and then seeing what happens?

immers

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for the reply, the motion detection is all off, having re-checked.

I can't pull the pir wire from the camera pigtail (I & G)as ive installed it at height and its tricky to get to the wires/pigtail now. But, I do have the wires feeding into an internal room (from the pigtail) and have split them from the pir (wires also feeding into internal room) to see if it makes any difference and it didn't.

so in theory its got nothing to do with the wires unless the camera sends an alert if a wire is inserted (into alarm input pigtail) even with nothing on the other end???

The alarm I/O alert is every 60 seconds, precisely without fail unless I turn the pir setting to NO (instead of NC), at this point I then get no alerts even when I trigger the pir.

wondering whether to just stick to line and intrusion detection for push alerts...

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to get a PIR to work with my Hikvision camera, but I cannot get the PIR to make a call via the camera pigtail connections. When I set the camera up to carry out a specific task upon alarm input notification nothing happens, hence I know it is not working.

I have bought a Hikvision PTZ DS-2DE4A220IW-DE (see link 1) and a GJD PIR (see link 2). My camera has an alarm input pigtail named IN1/IN2/GND. I have connected separate power to my PIR + and - points, and then I have ran two small cables between the camera pigtail, and the PIR as follows:

Pigtail IN1 to PIR port A and Camera Pigtail GND to PIR port S (see link 3 page number 4)

ower is working to the PIR as it flashes upon power up, but then I cant get the PIR to call the Camera connection. Within the camera interface, I have this currently set to "NO". I did try "NC" too but still no joy :(

What am I doing wrong?

Link 1 - Hikvision UK & Ireland

Link 2 - Mini Opal - GJD332 | GJD - Detect & Secure

Link 3 - http://www.gjd.co.uk/sites/default/files/pdf-files/mini_opal.pdf

Chris
That is an unusual PIR. I'm not sure it will work in this application.

Last edited:

cmitty

n3wb
Reaction score
so you have taken the wires out, and when in NC mode it still alerts....I don't understand how it can do that if there is nothing sending a signal to the camera to do so. hmmm. How about if you disable the input altogether in the camera menu, what happens then? its strange that when you change it to NO it stops the alerting. Also, the alert you mention, is this something you have configured as an output? btw I am no further on with mine, but I only have it setup in a room in the house (cam and PIR). Maybe this has something to do with the PIR not working propertly. Maybe it needs to be mounted and then a few meters distance from it before it picks up movement.

immers

n3wb
Reaction score
I disabled the alarm input trigger handling in the config to stop the alerts, which it has done. I have no alarm output only input into the cam, my only desire was to have the camera record 24/7 but for the pir to talk to the camera which would send a push notification when it detected anything in range on the pir.

I tested the setup with the wiring and sensor to camera inside the room to make sure I had it working and it worked perfectly having tested it multiple times. As you mentioned, you should test it internally in a room to verify everything works before you start the hassle of the installation.

The only thing that has changed since the install is the length of wires, I used standard alarm flex but had to run around 5 metres of cabling. When I tested it internally I only used around 1 metre.

Having said that I now have line intrusion setup and this seems to work well, once you change the sensitivity....maybe that might help you if you can't get the pir to work (to reduce false alerts)...

Have you changed the input wires on the sensor for I and G and retested it? Also, try to make sure the connection on the pig tail is tight for I and G.