How to work with Chinese language DS-2CD3346DWD?

sumguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought what looks like a Chinese-language DS-2CD3346DWD-I and I've been trying to log into the thing (which I thought I did but maybe not) and see if there's a way to change the language to English. I did a search here on IPcamtalk for 2CD3346 but nothing came up (no mention of this camera?). This is my first experience with Hikvision cameras - what exactly am I dealing with here? I need to quickly come up to speed with hacking this camera to english - if possible. Or am I wasting my time? Any comments welcome.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
a Chinese-language DS-2CD3346DWD-I and I've been trying to log into the thing (which I thought I did but maybe not) and see if there's a way to change the language to English.
If the camera has multiple languages installed, there will be a language selection drop-down at the web GUI login page.
If it's Chinese only - then you should be able to configure it in English using the Batch Configuration Tool : Download | Tools - Hikvision
And SADP is a useful tool, to find the camera, show status, change IP address etc.

sumguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a guide or screen shots of what the english menu tree looks like for this camera so I can figure out where to find a language setting (if it exists in this camera)? If the box is came in has no english on it anywhere (aside from make/model info and "Hikvision" , "Exir" and "Smart265") then does this make it for sure a chinese-language-only item? I'll have to ask my friend if it was sold as an english-language or international version. I was able to log into it (192.168.1.64) and I believe it did ask me to set up a strong password initially. I've copied the text of many of the menu screens and ran them through google translate but so far no language-drop-down menu item.

sumguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
> The language drop-down will be at the login page.

Ok, I see it. There is only one option in the drop list. Two Chinese characters. Copy them to google translate, the result is "Chinese".

Where do I go from here (besides learning to read Chinese)?