How would I accomplish this setup

Reaction score
I would like to setup a BI in a school – in the front office I want to have two monitors – one in the principal office on the wall showing all the camera’s and one near the receptionist showing only the front door

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some options..
If the pc has two display output, setup the principals monitor as the primary and the receptionist as the extended desktop, duplicate the front door camera in blue iris, so you see it twice on the screen (for the second one, dont setup any recording, its just for viewing purposes)..then right click on the camera and open in desktop frame and place it on the receptionists "extended desktop)...i dont know if blue iris remembers the positioning after a reboot or restarting the software...(someone with this setup can shed some light)...
Or just use an amazon fire stick or fire tv running ipcamviewer and pull the stream from blue iris or directly from the camera...

Reaction score
thank you thank you
fire stick + ipcamviewer sounds like a simple winning combo

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would just mirror the display instead of using an extended desktop :)
The issue with that is that op wanted only one camera displaying on the second monitor...but i agree mirroring is the most stable and simplest solution..