Howdy!

Dometrius

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I made my purchases and i'll post some some images in the coming weeks once everything is set up!

Dometrius

n3wb
Reaction score
@mat200 , did you have trouble configuring your dahua starlights to work with the Lorex NVR? The Lorex cams work immediately out of the box but I am getting a "conf.LoginErrorNo-18" when I connect the starlight...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@mat200 , did you have trouble configuring your dahua starlights to work with the Lorex NVR? The Lorex cams work immediately out of the box but I am getting a "conf.LoginErrorNo-18" when I connect the starlight...
Hi Dometrius,

I actually picked up the Dahua OEM version of the NVR as when I was looking there were very few deals for better quality kits available.

Remember EACH IP camera is in effect a computer with a video camera. As such it has a login requirement with the appropriate user/password - and that is the error you are seeing, a login error.

Sometimes vendors change the default user/password to some other default password - as well as sometimes changing port numbers that the cameras use.

Your NVR needs to know the user/password from the Dahua OEM camera.

In the NVR there is a place to enter the user/password for the Dahua OEM camera, so that the NVR can access the videos and other control interfaces ( API ) of the IP camera.

Dometrius

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it working. Connected my laptop directly to the NVR which allowed me to access the camera like any other device on my network.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Got it working. Connected my laptop directly to the NVR which allowed me to access the camera like any other device on my network.
Excellent new Dometrius,

Can you share what you did to help others who may be looking for the answer here?

Thank You

Dometrius

n3wb
Reaction score
Excellent new Dometrius,

Can you share what you did to help others who may be looking for the answer here?

Thank You
I was planning to go over my build once I finished everything but I guess I can get started.

I ordered the following NVR and cameras as a kit: 4K NVR with 16 Channels and FLIR Secure Remote Connectivity , https://www.lorextechnology.com/images/products/LNB8111B/600x400/LNB8111B-M1.png . The kit came with 6 of the bullet cams. In addition I purchased 1 https://www.lorextechnology.com/images/products/_BF2017/LND4750ABW/600x400/4MP-HD-IP-Dome-Audio-Camera-LND4750AB-M1.png and 2 of the Dahua Starlight varifocal cams from @EMPIRETECANDY.

Out of the box, the Lorex cameras work with the NVR but for the Dahua cams I had to first connect my laptop to one of the POE ports in the NVR. This allowed me to access the cams just like you would access any other network device. After updating the password to the cameras, I was able to provide this login info to the NVR and the cameras fired right up.

To date, I have installed both of the Dahuas- 1 over back door/patio and the other watching my driveway/back gate/ alley. I have also installed 1 of the Lorex bullet cams watching along the side of my house and aimed at our mailbox. I plan to install the dome above our front door - our front porch/ entry is enclosed so I wanted something with a wide FOV. It is also shielded from direct sunlight so I am hoping the dome will do well here. I plan to put another one of the bullets along the other side of my house where it will watch the dog run as well as a storage shed. This still leaves me with 4 extra bullet cams which I may or may not put to use. I am considering making 1 a LPR for the street in front of our house and I may utilize another elsewhere on the property.

Currently all of the cameras are connected directly to the NVR but I did purchase an 8 port POE switch (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GAATOG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). I am going to mount this either in the attic or maybe in the garage as I am concerned with the temperatures the attic may get to during the summer (our attic is well ventilated but I still don't want to take the chance). The switch is really just to make it easier for routing ethernet cables. Currently the only place for my NVR is inside a built in cabinet in our living room. While I have been able to hide all of the wires from the various electronics, I don't think I can sustain more than the 4 cables I already have routed for the cams. And since my current plans call for 7 cameras with the possibility of the 8th being a LPR, the POE switch should make my life much easier going forward.

I have been happy with all of the cameras so far. I have yet to mount the dome above my front door but I did a trial run over the weekend and the image quality and FOV are great. I think I will end up purchasing 2 additional Dahua starlights to watch the front yard (one on each corner of the house).

I have only toyed around with some of the settings on the different cameras and I am waiting until I get everything completely installed before I focus more time on getting them exactly the way I want them. The color NV on the Lorex Bullet was impressive when it was backlight with an LED motion light. I want to see how it does with some landscape lighting that I am going to place along that part of my house. The Dahuas are obvious great cameras as well but I didn't feel the need to rate them here since there are already other in depth reviews.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I was planning to go over my build once I finished everything but I guess I can get started.

I ordered the following NVR and cameras as a kit: 4K NVR with 16 Channels and FLIR Secure Remote Connectivity , https://www.lorextechnology.com/images/products/LNB8111B/600x400/LNB8111B-M1.png . The kit came with 6 of the bullet cams. In addition I purchased 1 https://www.lorextechnology.com/images/products/_BF2017/LND4750ABW/600x400/4MP-HD-IP-Dome-Audio-Camera-LND4750AB-M1.png and 2 of the Dahua Starlight varifocal cams from @EMPIRETECANDY.

Out of the box, the Lorex cameras work with the NVR but for the Dahua cams I had to first connect my laptop to one of the POE ports in the NVR. This allowed me to access the cams just like you would access any other network device. After updating the password to the cameras, I was able to provide this login info to the NVR and the cameras fired right up.

To date, I have installed both of the Dahuas- 1 over back door/patio and the other watching my driveway/back gate/ alley. I have also installed 1 of the Lorex bullet cams watching along the side of my house and aimed at our mailbox. I plan to install the dome above our front door - our front porch/ entry is enclosed so I wanted something with a wide FOV. It is also shielded from direct sunlight so I am hoping the dome will do well here. I plan to put another one of the bullets along the other side of my house where it will watch the dog run as well as a storage shed. This still leaves me with 4 extra bullet cams which I may or may not put to use. I am considering making 1 a LPR for the street in front of our house and I may utilize another elsewhere on the property.

Currently all of the cameras are connected directly to the NVR but I did purchase an 8 port POE switch (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GAATOG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). I am going to mount this either in the attic or maybe in the garage as I am concerned with the temperatures the attic may get to during the summer (our attic is well ventilated but I still don't want to take the chance). The switch is really just to make it easier for routing ethernet cables. Currently the only place for my NVR is inside a built in cabinet in our living room. While I have been able to hide all of the wires from the various electronics, I don't think I can sustain more than the 4 cables I already have routed for the cams. And since my current plans call for 7 cameras with the possibility of the 8th being a LPR, the POE switch should make my life much easier going forward.

I have been happy with all of the cameras so far. I have yet to mount the dome above my front door but I did a trial run over the weekend and the image quality and FOV are great. I think I will end up purchasing 2 additional Dahua starlights to watch the front yard (one on each corner of the house).

I have only toyed around with some of the settings on the different cameras and I am waiting until I get everything completely installed before I focus more time on getting them exactly the way I want them. The color NV on the Lorex Bullet was impressive when it was backlight with an LED motion light. I want to see how it does with some landscape lighting that I am going to place along that part of my house. The Dahuas are obvious great cameras as well but I didn't feel the need to rate them here since there are already other in depth reviews.
you can paste some pics here that would be great.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Dometrius

n3wb
Reaction score
Here are some pics that @EMPIRETECANDY requested. I have not finished my install yet - been a bit busy and the cold weather has made it more of a chore. I still have more cams to install and settings to adjust.

Dometrius

n3wb
Reaction score
@mat200 Do you have issues with the Dahuas not displaying properly on your TV that is connected to the NVR? Anytime the Dahua is not the primary camera (when in a 1-16 camera view or even 1-8 view with 1 large image and surrounding smaller images) they just show black boxes but I can see the Lorex cams fine. If I click to make the Dahua the primary view it shows without issue. Wondering if there is a setting somewhere I just cannot find. When I access the NVR from my laptop, however, it all works just as it should with all cameras displaying...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@mat200 Do you have issues with the Dahuas not displaying properly on your TV that is connected to the NVR? Anytime the Dahua is not the primary camera (when in a 1-16 camera view or even 1-8 view with 1 large image and surrounding smaller images) they just show black boxes but I can see the Lorex cams fine. If I click to make the Dahua the primary view it shows without issue. Wondering if there is a setting somewhere I just cannot find. When I access the NVR from my laptop, however, it all works just as it should with all cameras displaying...
Hi Dometrius,

The Lorex NVR should be able to have all the Dahua OEM camera streams show up on the NVR OSD ( On Screen Display ).

It maybe that the NVR wants one of the substreams from the camera to display - so double check that those are enabled.

Note I actually have a Dahua OEM NVR so I am unable to test your setup.