Huisun 1.3mp Speed Dome PTZ with Auto Tracking and wiper

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Must admit it can be frustrating especially if your new to dahua like me and trying to work out what the options mean and getting it how you want it.

In direct comparison it does knock the spots of the huisun but at the same time the huisun is good value and does work.
I can handle the learning curve, but it's the abnormal/buggy behaviors that are giving me the headaches. Particularly the poor automation performance. With Huisun and Hikvision, I could leave everything at "auto" and let the camera make all the decisions. With Dahua, I'm having to make manual adjustments all the time to white balance, focus, exposure, etc. in order to obtain the same image quality that Huisun and Hikvision gives in automated modes...Plus issues with Presets not working right...Bugs with the FTP client (I learned through a long period of trial and error that with timed FTP uploads, "6 seconds" actually means "1 minute" and "15 seconds" actually means "30 minutes")...I'm just desperately hoping that by some miracle, a firmware update will be available soon and is going to fix a lot of the issues.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can handle the learning curve, but it's the abnormal/buggy behaviors that are giving me the headaches. Particularly the poor automation performance. With Huisun and Hikvision, I could leave everything at "auto" and let the camera make all the decisions. With Dahua, I'm having to make manual adjustments all the time to white balance, focus, exposure, etc. in order to obtain the same image quality that Huisun and Hikvision gives in automated modes...Plus issues with Presets not working right...Bugs with the FTP client (I learned through a long period of trial and error that with timed FTP uploads, "6 seconds" actually means "1 minute" and "15 seconds" actually means "30 minutes")...I'm just desperately hoping that by some miracle, a firmware update will be available soon and is going to fix a lot of the issues.
I can't say I've delved that far into it yet as it's only just gone up 2 days ago.

What I can say is I have @ljw2k access to mine last night and he was impressed with mine and agreed it focuses correctly which his didnt.
I'm still struggling to brief that dahua would release cameras that have focus issues. I'm sure there will be a setting somewhere.

Please don't take it as me calling you stupid lol I'm not. But there must be something.

The image quality on mine is streets ahead of the huisun and I haven't touched it since I put it up apart from initially configuring the image settings.

I've been tinkering with the tracking to see how to get it to work best for me but other than that it's totally been left

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can't say I've delved that far into it yet as it's only just gone up 2 days ago.

What I can say is I have @ljw2k access to mine last night and he was impressed with mine and agreed it focuses correctly which his didnt.
I'm still struggling to brief that dahua would release cameras that have focus issues. I'm sure there will be a setting somewhere.

Please don't take it as me calling you stupid lol I'm not. But there must be something.

The image quality on mine is streets ahead of the huisun and I haven't touched it since I put it up apart from initially configuring the image settings.

I've been tinkering with the tracking to see how to get it to work best for me but other than that it's totally been left
That's a good sign. A lot may depend on specific lighting conditions, though. I only have auto focus issues in very low light. Doesn't seem to be as extreme as ljw2k's, but then again his was mainly with moving objects which I haven't tested. I'm only focusing on trees and other stationary stuff in the yard. Some of those issues are from lack of contrast in the low light environment, although the wide open aperture makes for a shallow depth of field which limits the amount of distance in which objects will be in focus.

The white balance issues I'm having are also very scene/environment dependent as well. It tends to perform well on cloudy days and in low light at night, dawn and dusk, but gets extremely "off" when it's sunny during the day; especially in scenes where there is very little color variety. The more complex/higher number of colors in the scene, the better it tends to perform. There's supposed to be different algorithms to choose from "indoor, outdoor, natural, etc" but they don't change anything; they're all identical..Thus, if the camera is supposed to support these different modes, there's a bug that's preventing them from functioning. I'm hoping a future firmware will fix that.

Some of the other issues are most definitely firmware related, so those will likely be fixed in time. There's a lot of things I really like about the cam and I think it has a lot of potential with some quality firmware upgrades. Just a lot of little nuisance problems out of the box that I wasn't expecting to be dealing with from a name brand that came with such high recommendations in the past. My gut feeling is that competition was getting tough and they felt pressured to rush out a new product before having enough testing time to work out all the bugs.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There's the imporax one on AE for £245 with free DHL shipping 720p

tesla

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been running 3 off DM-RDC305FHPT-KS20HC2 in an extremely exposed beach in South East England UK. Today we have experienced the first ever failure after 5 years uninterrupted service. Upon inspection it was found the small nylon gear on the Pan motor had broken. We are in the process of making a new one as unable to acquire replacement. Also does any one know if there is a firmware update for this camera. Also we now have a problem that we cannot see the video in the Net Camera software. We are running Windows 10 but using internet explorer. W can change all settings except thLee that require video.
All in in all a very effective camera. Zoom is brilliant, pl from Christchurch Dorset we can see the lamp in the Needles light house.