Huisun 1.3MP speed dome

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Though this warrents a thread of its own as its different from the mini ptz bullets.

Just received the package this morning.
First impressions are wow this is a beast of a thing!
Its BIG and you certainly won't miss it!
It's like big brother's eye on steroids!

I haven't had a chance to mount or play with it yet.
I plugged it in to make sure it works.
Opened sadp up and it was instantly recognised.
The first thing I noticed is I didn't have to change the ip address it was already assigned a correct ip, so I didn't need to do anything there.

A quick look at the video and image quality were suprising as for a 1.3mp it's very very good even at 20x zoom, comparable to my 3mp 2032's

I haven't had chance to see what night images are like yet.

I'm hoping I may have a chance to mount it tomorrow pending weather and if I can figure out the best place to put it!

The mounting seems fairly robust and straightforward 4 bolts!.

The arm is big enough to hide all connections should you wish. There is a little cut out space that you can cut with a hacksaw to feed the cables through. So seems well thought out in that respect.

I will keep updating the thread as and when I mount it and get some sample shots day/night for you all.

Overall I'm pleased so far

Price wise it cost £187GBP including DHL shipping and £14 on import duty

A quick shout to DHL as it was picked up in China on Tuesday morning and delivered to my door this morning (Thursday)
So 48 hours to my door was well worth the extra over the slow boat of ems

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DHL is great and £14 is amazing. I just got charged £80 so :-( (that wasn't for this exact model).

Looking forward to some great pics! Enjoy!

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DHL is great and £14 is amazing. I just got charged £80 so :-( (that wasn't for this exact model).

Looking forward to some great pics! Enjoy!
I always use the old markdowns trick and sent as a gift
This minimises duty.
Obviously if you were buying them for commercial use or buying a few you couldn't get away with it.

Should be fun getting this thing mounted from the top of a ladder

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wanna see pics :)

I mounted my analog PTZ up probably 30 feet, up on a ladder, with 3 cinderblocks high to make my short ladder reach haha. It weighed about 15lbs and man it was hard lol, I almost fell many times.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wanna see pics :)

I mounted my analog PTZ up probably 30 feet, up on a ladder, with 3 cinderblocks high to make my short ladder reach haha. It weighed about 15lbs and man it was hard lol, I almost fell many times.
Luckily the mount arm can be mounted first and then the dome secured into place afterwards.

This should help a lot as like yours it weighs a ton!

I'll get some pics up tomorrow hopefully

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
+1 for pictures! I don't have any need for 20x zoom, unless I wanted to peak inside neighbors windows, but it does look appealing. I certainly wouldn't want to have a neighbor like that :)

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
+1 for pictures! I don't have any need for 20x zoom, unless I wanted to peak inside neighbors windows, but it does look appealing. I certainly wouldn't want to have a neighbor like that :)
I don't really have the need either I just thought for the price why not something new to play with.

I will also come in handy if I can't get the car parked outside the house as the parking situation at mine is a nightmare in itself !!

I might be moving one of my 2032 bullets as well if I do I'll do a size comparison picture

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Luckily the mount arm can be mounted first and then the dome secured into place afterwards.

This should help a lot as like yours it weighs a ton!

I'll get some pics up tomorrow hopefully
Well you can drill the holes, but you have to mount it and the bracket at the same time as the cable goes through the bracket lol

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just a quick update to the thread
No pics yet as I haven't got the install 100% complete yet
The mounting is done and cables run!

If anyone needs to know it's a 2.5mm dc Jack you need for power!

I got caught out as I had a 2.1mm lead a made up without checking until I ran all the cables so now have to make do with 2 adaptors for now

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've hit a snag and need help.

I think the power supply supplied is not supplying enough juice to the cam
As I do have a fairly long ish run and the dc adapter is only rated at 400ma
This coupled with the fact I can't actually move the camera seems to point to that.

I also have a what looks like condensation on the inside of the lens which isn't going and just makes the picture fogged out.

Bare in mind it's also night time so the cam is using more juice.

Would all the problems point to power supply issues

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think your find its a 4amp not 400ma. I dont think a 400ma would run a 25w PTZ. Mine was supplied with a power block 4amp, the ptz is fan assisted which will clear the lens.
How are you feeding the 12v to the camera as you will get a volt drop and should be use at least 1mm cable for power.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think your find its a 4amp not 400ma. I dont think a 400ma would run a 25w PTZ. Mine was supplied with a power block 4amp, the ptz is fan assisted which will clear the lens.
How are you feeding the 12v to the camera as you will get a volt drop and should be use at least 1mm cable for power.
The power supply is definitely 400ma which seems strange

I have got a 3a power supply but it won't display a picture using it even though it's the correct polarity.

I will triple check the power supply again.

Turning off the ir let's the ptz work so it definitely looks like power supply issue

As for power I'm using quite a long lenth 15m of cable it's from an old analogue system. This may be the root cause but can't test that until Sunday.

I'll post a picture of the supplied power supply in a minute so you can check it as well make sure I'm not reading it wrong!!

As far as the condensation I assume because of power issue the fan isn't kicking in? As it's been like it for 4 hours now

What cable would you suggest for power as I need to tidy it all up so running a proper length with decent cable won't be a problem

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My mistake it's not a dot it's a dash

So seems the power supply should be fine and likely my cable run from cam to power brick

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For 100ft use 1.5mm mains flex this should be ok, any longer you should look at a boxed power supply that will allow you to tweak up the voltage to around 13.6v (you don't want to go higher) but then because of the size cable you need if the run is longer you may as well install local mains (110/230) adjacent the camera.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For 100ft use 1.5mm mains flex this should be ok, any longer you should look at a boxed power supply that will allow you to tweak up the voltage to around 13.6v (you don't want to go higher) but then because of the size cable you need if the run is longer you may as well install local mains (110/230) adjacent the camera.
Thanks pal
The actual run needed is fairly short maybe 5-10m but I already had this cable which is long and was getting late so used that to test it.
So I'm assuming that's the problem

I will 're run some mains flex tomorrow/Monday see if that sorts it

Other than that I am very impressed with the camera.

Like you say it's comparable to the 3mp hik pictures

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the same problem as yours on my analog PTZ pretty much. I powered the camera directly and it worked, but once I powered it from my long run cable (max was like 40 feet away) It refused to power up. I got a thicker gauge power cable and my cam works fine now. It was also a 12V 4000a power supply. (I tried a larger power supply and it still didn't work, the power cable was just too small!)

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had the same problem as yours on my analog PTZ pretty much. I powered the camera directly and it worked, but once I powered it from my long run cable (max was like 40 feet away) It refused to power up. I got a thicker gauge power cable and my cam works fine now. It was also a 12V 4000a power supply. (I tried a larger power supply and it still didn't work, the power cable was just too small!)
Yes that's exactly what happened to me
Bigger power supply still no good

So I'll be running new power cable tomorrow providing I can find the dc jacks locally on a Sunday

Looking forward to getting the cam dialled in.

But overall I'm happy and very impressed so far

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just cut the one off the power block and use bullet connectors on the cable.