Huisun 1.3MP speed dome

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just cut the one off the power block and use bullet connectors on the cable.
Never throught about that. Quite a good idea cheap as well!

Not sure I want to cut them off the camera end though but we'll see!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you cut it off the block end it will give you the end to use at the camera end lol

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I've got the new power cable run and everything is hooked up and working!!

The power cable seemed to be the issue as discussed so with that being solved I just need to tidy the cabling up a bit.

I've stumbled across a problem though

I didn't realise there was no NAS support ?

There's no option for it in the config and as I use nas to record I'm a bit short on ideas!

Also I'm not sure if there's a sd card slot on this dome

Although Darren will be able to tell me

Any ideas to the NAS solution guys

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Right
After much confusion I have found the sd cart slot in the camera.

It's well and truly hidden in the depths but it is there!!!
It's a micro sd card and takes up to 32GB

Here's it's location

IMAG0932.jpg
Undo the 4 screws on the front

Pull away the housing revealing the lens and module
IMAG0933.jpg

At the bottom of the module there is a tab that's labelled "push" push that in and pull the module out slowly
(Be careful as the pcb is attached to the bottom)
IMAG0934.jpg

Here's the location of the micro sd card slot
IMAG0935.jpg

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I seem to have found a issue within the cam
Not sure if it's firmware related or not.

The problem is
If you click download from the playback menu in the web gui
The download never completes it stops at random percentages in the 90's and never actually finishes the downloads.

Has anybody else found this

I've tried on 2 computers to make sure it's not my dodgy Windows 8.1 pc

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Seem to have hit another issue in top of the one above

Trying to playback recordings from the ivms4599 app just gives a no record file error
Even though they are definitely there and viewable from the web gui

Any ideas?

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
reeves1985 Any updates on this camera? Did you manage to sort out your issues and what is your view on this camera now you've used it for a while? I have somebody who is interested in a dome PTZ but they don't want to pay the 1k+ for the Hikvision ones. This may be the answer even though I've explained I can't really guarantee how long it will last and any problems that may happen going forward.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
reeves1985 Any updates on this camera? Did you manage to sort out your issues and what is your view on this camera now you've used it for a while? I have somebody who is interested in a dome PTZ but they don't want to pay the 1k+ for the Hikvision ones. This may be the answer even though I've explained I can't really guarantee how long it will last and any problems that may happen going forward.
It's been up for roughly a 6 weeks

If we take the how long will it last question out of the equation then I would say definitely go fo it!

All the teething problems seem to have gone away.

It basically runs the same firmware as the bullet ptz so the motion detection isn't great but I record it 24/7 so it's a none issue to me.

The picture quality surpasses the 3mp himself at night and is on par with day time quality.

Where I have it mounted I have enough light to run it without the ir on but I still run it in colour during the day and b&w during the evening. It's possibly the best camera purchase I have made in terms of what you get for your money.

The auto tracking feature works well.
It's not going to properly track fast moving cars but it tracks a target (person) doing an ample speed pretty darn well.

Initially I had no need for a ptz and bought it because I needed another cam and the price was so good.
Now I wouldn't be without it. It gives you the versatility to cover any area you wish to choose and works spot on with my hikvision nvr.
It's not as sofisticated in the firmware feature stakes as the newer hikvision cams but it does the basics well and give a bloody good picture on top!!

Would I recommend it?
Yes! Definitely

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks reeves1985, I'll try and tap Monica and see if I can get it for around the £200 delivered ;) My client will be saving about £600 so It will be a win win for both of us ;). I must admit after running my PTZ mini for 48hrs outside I've very impressed with the quality, especially the night view. Better than any of my Hikvision's cameras with equal lack of light. Only problem the firmware needs an update as lacking some basic features.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks reeves1985, I'll try and tap Monica and see if I can get it for around the £200 delivered ;) My client will be saving about £600 so It will be a win win for both of us ;). I must admit after running my PTZ mini for 48hrs outside I've very impressed with the quality, especially the night view. Better than any of my Hikvision's cameras with equal lack of light. Only problem the firmware needs an update as lacking some basic features.
Your right it does need more basic features but then again I'm sure that would put the price up!

I'm sure that some clever soul will manage to manipulate the firmware to add bits and pieces

I've also noticed that the smart ir works well and adjusts properly so you Sony get a white out effect in faces.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your right it does need more basic features but then again I'm sure that would put the price up!

I'm sure that some clever soul will manage to manipulate the firmware to add bits and pieces

I've also noticed that the smart ir works well and adjusts properly so you Sony get a white out effect in faces.
Please post some video!