Huisun 2016 2.0 mp hi speed dome need help!

tjobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
your right.
like i said before it's a great camera, especially when you consider the pricetag!
But i just wondered if the cam involving the hik module also had the nice tracking features like in de vid.
ive tried mine with various settings in "ideal conditions"(houseroom) it follows. as long as you don,t move fast. but its not great.
but as i understand from reeves1985 the tracking software is not embed in the module so this is not hik related and could be tweaked.
Hopefully Monica and her team take all feedback for granted, keep working on firmware improvements and they have a great future ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
your right.
like i said before it's a great camera, especially when you consider the pricetag!
But i just wondered if the cam involving the hik module also had the nice tracking features like in de vid.
ive tried mine with various settings in "ideal conditions"(houseroom) it follows. as long as you don,t move fast. but its not great.
but as i understand from reeves1985 the tracking software is not embed in the module so this is not hik related and could be tweaked.
Hopefully Monica and her team take all feedback for granted, keep working on firmware improvements and they have a great future ahead.
This is still speculation
But most things can be tweaked from a firmware perspective.
If you take into account the speed the dome can actually move which is rapid.
Then I am sure a few tweaks in the firmware itself can improve the tracking speed.
This would I assume also come into the motion tracking being pants situation and could be improved together.

Whether or not it will is another question entirely and I wouldn't hold my breath on that front but you never know.

I agree with the above that it could do with tracking slightly faster moving objects
But at the same time somebody that's up to no good usually isn't going very fast unless they are on the getaway at which point it's not much help other than seeing where they venture to

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
CORRECTION, there is a extra menu in the OSD in which you can set the cam to -10 degrees.
Interesting...How exactly does this work? Does it basically let you set limits for the pan/tilt so that if you set the tilt limit to -10, the cam will tilt up to -10?

What about the shutter speeds? Does it give an option slower than 1/25 on the OSD control? or any kind of slow shutter? Wondering if maybe slow shutter can somehow be activated in the OSD despite it not being listed in the firmware's web interface. Probably wishful thinking, but worth a shot!

tjobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just like you said the limit can be set to -10 degrees and it wil tilt to the set limit. Also took a look for shutterspeeds but unfortunately nothing to be found.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just like you said the limit can be set to -10 degrees and it wil tilt to the set limit. Also took a look for shutterspeeds but unfortunately nothing to be found.
Oh well, thanks for checking anyway!

I'm having a time finding a PTZ dome with wiper, upward tilt and slow shutter...Can find solutions with one or two of those options, but yet to find any with all 3 together...Not really sure why, as it seems like fairly standard features and the technology is widely available for all 3 options...Just no one seems to have built any units with all 3 combined (unless I wanted to pay 5 times the price to get a "Dahua Position System" unit; A little out of my budget!)