Huisun IP PTZ Camera, with Hikvision Protocols

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Brand, Huisun
Model, DM-SCB405IP-V10

I have just received this camera from Ali Express, and first impressions are good, high quality images and smooth easy movement and the 10x optical zoom is spot on.
It runs on a stripped down Hikvison firmware that's the first thing a Hikvision fan will notice. It's got changes to make it look different but is a HIK, and the fact that it is picked up in SADP straight away also gives it away.
Although it even looks like the ds-22xx model it is made of poly plastics and not alloy.(Body Only front is Alloy)
It works with Hikvison NVR'S with motion detection working well too, it has limited features no line crossing detection, but does have ROI.
picked up by ivms-4200 as well.
All supported features work in ivms-4200 and ivms-4500.
EXIR power levels are adjusted when the camera zooms with a range of around 80 metres.

With good night images and low noise in the picture.

This is a bargain delivered for £120 via DHL in 4 days to the UK.

To get one of these talk to Monica Wren
http://http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Model-CCTV-Camera-2MP-10X-IP-Bullet-PTZ-Camera-IP66-Weatherproof-Sony/32448991426.html

IMG_20150903_220410_-246178574.jpg
20150904_153923.jpg20150904_153931.jpg
20150904_153738.jpg20150904_153719.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I saw this cam on one of the suggested items pages on Ali recently, wasn't too sure about it at first, will be good to see the images once uploaded. Was Dhl gentle to you with their "costs"?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes the firmware is upgradeable but not with a .DAV
The link above is where I brought it from also, really good seller with good communication.

The firmware is strange though, it's a Zip file with a .bin Inside.
You upgrade with zip. the bin file is password protected (the camera must know the password) as I've already tried to strip it down lol.

csshih

n3wb
Reaction score
that's almost alarmingly cheap for a ptz.. thinking of picking one up, how are the gears on the ptz motor? metal or plastic?

Looking to use it with Blue Iris :)

hereu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There are UK and US suppliers if preferred.

It can be had for under £200 delivered from a UK supplier so It may depend on what the DHL charge is from Ali.

I have never used the supplier in the videos.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dhl charges were £24 in total,
I will strip it down later today.
There is zero loose movement on pt side which is great, as well on power up the camera self calibrates.

This is not the only model they supply either, also a dome with wiper 20x optical zoom and auto tracking for not much more.
I never seen a ptz this cheap before.

csshih

n3wb
Reaction score
This is not the only model they supply either, also a dome with wiper 20x optical zoom and auto tracking for not much more.
Curious about that model too! My current setup is 2 Hikvision cubes, 2 domes, and 4 bullets. might need a few PTZs :) but only if night vision is good too.

hereu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dhl charges were £24 in total,
I will strip it down later today.
There is zero loose movement on pt side which is great, as well on power up the camera self calibrates.

I never seen a ptz this cheap before.

Is the quality of product and picture as good as Hikvision?

Did you buy the dome as well?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have not got a dome yet, if the camera housing was alloy then yes the build would be as good as Hikvison, but the reason for the plastic housing will always be down to weight on the ptz motors.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
IQ looks just like Hivision based on this video. I am curious how this will be during night time.

Btw, i already ordered one too, this has a potential to be the best camera of 2015. In the other discussion that I followed people were excited over $200+ Poker 10x PTZ camera since last year, but I wasn't sold on it. This appears to be better alternative and cheaper. The only questionable part is firmware upgrade.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here are a few capture from the camera, the smart IR is one of the most powerful I have ever seen.

Day light was fading but still good, darkness with street lighting and also with the IR off with just the street lights, This camera IMHO works very well for the money.

lens zoom is 5.1mm to 51mm

Attachments

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome, looks great... What is that in the first picture in the top left right after the date? Are those cameras mounted from the eave of that house?
Odd looking mounts, but whatever works! :)

edit: There is no possiblity in mounting this from the ceiling eh? If it could tilt some other way, you could mount it upside down and then on your NVR or software flip the image, but it doesn't appear to be anything but a wall mount.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Can't wait to get mine! I am considering to order 1-2 extra ones.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had this just pointing out of the window, looking down road (window was open of course).
Yes strange style of houses, but then this is London.

That's the phone line bracket next to the date.

Only has a wall bracket, if you need ceiling mount, I would go for a dome.

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And does the dome has same compatibility with NVR and IVMS 4200 / 4500 ?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In the other discussion that I followed people were excited over $200+ Poker 10x PTZ camera
I have a couple of the Poker 10x PTZ cameras and they are OK, but the Huisun sounds like a better deal for the price. I'm waiting to hear if they work well with B.I. May wait a while for a few more reviews.