Huisun Mini PTZ Storage Over write issue

gamer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone using the Huisun Mini PTZ every experienced issues with older recorded files not deleting to make more room? Once my card is full, it will no longer record. I have tried resetting to default and reconfigure everything, installed a new micro sd card and finally "yes" the overwrite check box is selected. Any suggestions would be appreciated and yes before anyone calls me out on owning this "POS" of a camera, I would love to buy the cameras that Nayr recommends, but the wife isn't real keen to that idea just yet. After formatting the card the camera works as it's suppose to until memory runs out.

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The newest firmware (posted on another thread, sorry haven't searched to find it, I think it was from YUNCH) updates the FAT support to exFAT and fixes up some problems with SD cards.
What firmware version are you currently using?

gamer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The newest firmware (posted on another thread, sorry haven't searched to find it, I think it was from YUNCH) updates the FAT support to exFAT and fixes up some problems with SD cards.
Thanks I'll look in previous posts and try to locate it. I have to wait until I'll get home to get the firmware version.

gamer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here's a screen shot of my firmware version. No luck finding a newer version of the firmware yet, but i have download blueiris to try. I can view my hikvision dome camera in blueiris, however I can not view the video stream of the Huisun. Any suggestions?

Attachments

gamer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This was the later firmware I was thinking of - Mini PTZ v2: Firmware discussion
But - much caution is needed - you'd have to be very sure that it was valid for your camera before you try it.
Any uncertainty - do not proceed.
Thank you. That was the correct firmware. I figured, what the heck and just try flashing it to see what happens. Of course I had to patch the ptz controls afterwards. Luckily I still had that patch from when Huisun gave it to me last year. Now I'll sit back and wait until my sd card gets full and see if it overwrites correctly. Again thanks for the help.

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you. That was the correct firmware. I figured, what the heck and just try flashing it to see what happens. Of course I had to patch the ptz controls afterwards. Luckily I still had that patch from when Huisun gave it to me last year. Now I'll sit back and wait until my sd card gets full and see if it overwrites correctly. Again thanks for the help.
You can put a screenshot of your firmware version now?