Mini PTZ v2: Firmware discussion

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I will try this out as well, because I am shipping one cam for repair already, so might as well include second one if something goes wrong.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Alright, for the greater good I took a leap of faith with this one as pozzello and got a similar result, it's obvious firmware is not for IMX322 cams.... I am going to press on them to include at least sensor/chipset combo in the firmware name like Longse been doing.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, mine doesn't reboot, unlike the first one which at least shows signs of life, this one doesn't do anything.

Anyway, here is a firmware again, but it's clear it's not for the older cams with IMX322, if you bought your cam recently in a past few months and/or positive that you got IMX222 version then you can give it a shot. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell and I hope Imporx/Huisun will do something about this fiasco with firmwares and different IMX versions. Perhaps someone who disassembled their firmware before can find something within the files?

EDIT: See other thread for IMX222 firmware

Last edited by a moderator:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
hm. mine is now totally dead. Since it was reachable for a few seconds while it did the startup dance
and before self-rebooting, i tried starting a firmware upload (of known good fw from 3/3).

It got to about 20%, then stopped, and now is now longer pingable at all.
So it looks like a partial firmware upload is even worse than an incorrect fw upload.

Most decent embedded devices have some sort of 'bootstrap' OS in read-only storage that
will boot up enough to at least take an update, but these don't seem to have such a safety net...

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey @klasipca, are your cams being shipped back to Huisun (Monica) or Imporx (jack) ?
Mine are from jack @ imporx. I guess I should send 'em an email and see what they say,
unless i can send you mine to include in your box... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I know Eddy is from Longse, the Imporx guy is Jack. Monica actually hasn't been responding so I gave up on her to do anything. So I am shipping to Jack (I bought 3 from him). Btw price to ship via USPS priority is $65, but doesn't give you tracking, Express is $85 (aka EMS mail) and doesn't seem to matter much 1 or 2 cams in the package. Also you get insurance up to $200.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
oh, right. Jack from Imporx is who I got my v2 ptz's from.
At half the cost of a new one, the time & hassle isn't worth it to me.
I would just order another, but is the imx222 as good as the imx322?

back to the 25mm hik conversion for LPR in that direction for now...

note to self: try to remember not to load up untested random firmware from that there internet thingee.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Alright, for the greater good I took a leap of faith with this one as pozzello and got a similar result, it's obvious firmware is not for IMX322 cams.... I am going to press on them to include at least sensor/chipset combo in the firmware name like Longse been doing.
I'm glad I held off for now.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is latest firmware which has date stamp for 6/20 that Jack sent me. I requested it for V2 with IMX322, so make sure you know which one you have. I haven't had a chance to try this out yet and as usual upgrade at your own risk.

EDIT: Removed due to issue bellow
How can you tell which sensor you have? Is there a program that can read that info from the camera?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Your guess is as good as mine, but if you have v2 camera and v1 you could try to compare the IQ side by side. If it's identical then IMX222, otherwise you will know right away that IMX322 is better during the day and slightly better at night. Also, another indication is if you bought your camera before the earthquake around 4/15 then you would have IMX322.

It's really a 50/50 chance now, but we already know that the new firmware isn't compatible with IMX322, so then it's if you are sure you got v2 IMX222 it's for you.

tg4766

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello together,

i have two cams Bullet Mini PTZ V2. I have updated one cam.

First cam: MiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201603031541
Second one: MiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201607111019

At the first view i can`t see any change. But it seems, that the firmware works.

For questions please contact me.

vergleich.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone has updated the firmware?
This update has something new ?
I updated with this firmware, it seems OK.
I think the main difference is the exFat support for larger MicroSD cards and better support for smaller cards.
I did manage as an experiment to get the Mini PTZ V2 to record to a NAS NFS share, but it's a bit fiddly.
Huisun could easily add more general support for recording to a NetHDD destination, that would be a useful addition to the firmware.
Many of the required routines already exist in the firmware.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Attached is the latest firmware which I used to upgrade all my cams with it, so I know it's good, but as always proceed at your own risk. Couple of my cams were running IPNC_S2l2.0.1_build201603031830 firmware and they upgraded ok, but there is always a chance of bricking because for unknown reason some early cams bricked using even the same exact firmware.

First before upgrade, try resetting your camera to default factory setting, especially if you currently have IPNC_S2l2.0.1_build201603031830 firmware. If it doesn't reset then it might brick like in my case even if you load the same firmware. So if you do proceed with upgrade and it fails at 88% then you can recover, but do NOT restart/unplug the camera after the failed attempt. See this thread for details:

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13244-Upgraded-firmware-failed-at-88-experience-and-recovery

Attachments

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yup, I removed firmware from 3/3/2016 and replaced it with this one which as we know it works on v2 cameras.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
im impressed with the last fw i installed in huisun v2 10x.sd card playback is better now.cam overwrites old video data now.plus u can download files to pc.i tried downloading but it looks like it takes forever.:D

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
im impressed with the last fw i installed in huisun v2 10x.sd card playback is better now.cam overwrites old video data now.plus u can download files to pc.i tried downloading but it looks like it takes forever.:D
Were you streaming camera to a monitor and at same time tried downloading a video file? It could be one reason why it was slow downloading due to bandwidth limitation via camera Ethernet port.

Bill

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
New firmware available. I checked and it appears 60Hz bug related to focus is fixed. Will report if anything else I find

Disclaimer: Update at your own risk, this is only for V2 camera

Program Version V2.0.1 Build 201602010919S
Control Version MiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201601261137
Web Page Version 1.1.1 Build 20151216
Plugin Version 1.0.4.41

I am a little confused so I would like some clarification on this Firmware, I have V2 4X Generation 1 of the Mini PTZ with the black plate in front which is basically unusable at night. Will this Firmware work on Generation 1 V2 4X Mini PTZ?

Thanks in advance.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am a little confused so I would like some clarification on this Firmware, I have V2 4X Generation 1 of the Mini PTZ with the black plate in front which is basically unusable at night. Will this Firmware work on Generation 1 V2 4X Mini PTZ?

Thanks in advance.
In the past 4x and 10x used the same firmware so should be ok, but you know always a chance of bricking. Perhaps check with the seller to confirm. Also if it does brick do not restart the cam. See this thread:

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13244-Upgraded-firmware-failed-at-88-experience-and-recovery