HV ColorVu DS-2CD2347G1-L(U) Turret - Not Available in 2.8mm Lens?

DroMike

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering purchasing the above intriguing camera (I have 7 Amcrest cams presently). Hikvision sells it in 2.8mm, 4mm and 6mm lenses but I cannot find it anywhere in the desired 2.8mm lens, only a 4mm lens. Would anybody know if it's available in the 2.8mm? I'm happy to call B&H Photo (in NY) in the morning, but perhaps somebody can weigh in with their thoughts beforehand...? Thanks all.

busterboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got mine delivered in the UK just last week and love it.

Cannot believe the full colour in the pitch black night, I'm astounded.:eek:

turret.jpg

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering purchasing the above intriguing camera (I have 7 Amcrest cams presently). Hikvision sells it in 2.8mm, 4mm and 6mm lenses but I cannot find it anywhere in the desired 2.8mm lens, only a 4mm lens. Would anybody know if it's available in the 2.8mm? I'm happy to call B&H Photo (in NY) in the morning, but perhaps somebody can weigh in with their thoughts beforehand...? Thanks all.
Have you tried asking Andy?

DroMike

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Arjun: Who is Andy and why or how would he know?

On the other front, I did just get off the phone with B&H; they would order that camera as a special order (2.8mm WITH the audio) for $214. I'll probably go with them -- they sell them branded/from Hikvision and told me to be careful about "grey" products -- but I'm going to spend another day searching.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
PM him @EMPIRETECANDY He is extremely well regarded on this forum. You can't go wrong. Expect to pay way less than B&H. :)

Arjun: Who is Andy and why or how would he know?

On the other front, I did just get off the phone with B&H; they would order that camera as a special order (2.8mm WITH the audio) for $214. I'll probably go with them -- they sell them branded/from Hikvision and told me to be careful about "grey" products -- but I'm going to spend another day searching.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@DroMike - Andy is a vendor - can also find him on Aliexpress and Amazon, as well as the vendor section of this forum. Many on this forum buy cameras from him.

MadamImAdam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Plenty of 2.8mm here in Aus.

Lets hope Hik updates firmware to include a function to turn on the LED light on event detection!!!

Bottom 2 are colorvu 2CD2347G 2.8mm
Top 2 are DE4A204 and 220
Full color setup now with no IR

Attachments

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That camera does come in 2.8MM in either white or black housing.

MadamImAdam - They would not add a function to turn on LED on event detection. That feature is called active deterence and usually the flashing light features are on the Acusense cameras.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the North American region (USA and Canada) there does not seem to be any plans for having that feature added to the IP ColorVu line. That being said.... the closest to having that feature would be the DS-2CE72DFT-PIRXOF but that would be for DVR/Analog.