I can not access to Sricam SP009 via Internet

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oddly I've struck the reverse problem - the (iOS) app will happily connect to the SP009 camera from outside my home network, but not when connected to the local wifi inside my (10.1.1.*) network. Infuriating!
You likely have a modem router combo...there is a nat loopback issue here....you need to use the local ipaddress when trying to access the camera from the local lan.

Reaction score
You likely have a modem router combo...there is a nat loopback issue here....you need to use the local ipaddress when trying to access the camera from the local lan.
On the app I use the device number. I'd love to see the traffic that's going from the phone out to a Chinese server to get the mapping and back in - what port numbers etc. Also tried to telnet to the internal IP address but was refused on 22 (ssl) and 23 (telent), while 554 (from memory) just sat there with its thumb in its mouth. Yet the feed to VLC worked ok using the internal IP. The fact that the camera can be detected on the app but not connected to must mean traffic is going out/in the router but some is blocked/screwed by the NATting.

Brettow

n3wb
Reaction score
Now with the correct screenshot:
View attachment 8557
Bubbah, I have had the same problems as exporter56 so I tried your suggested fix using IP Cam Viewer and I got one camera working. The only issue is when I add the other two cameras, it comes up with the same image, which I am confused about. I believe they are all going out through RTSP port 554, and I input each cameras ID and password, but the image that comes up with the first camera on all three. Do you have any ideas? BTW I am pretty much an IT Noob with minimal experience so apologies if anything I have written doesn't make sense.

Bubbah

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Brettow,
"port forwarding" can be a confusing concept initially but I'll give you a quick crash course because that's where your solution resides.
On your residential network (LAN), all the network devices have their own IP address.

For instance:
IPCam1: rtsp://192.168.1.100:554
IPCam2: rtsp://192.168.1.101:554

On the Internet side (WAN), your network shows only 1 public IP address (assigned by your ISP, permanent or changing periodically).

rtsp://Public_IP:554

So when you access your camera from outside your home, this is the public IP address that you use with the port 554, and the router can redirect the RTSP URL to the internal IP address of the first available camera.

(WAN) rtsp://Public_IP:554 ---> (LAN) rtsp://192.168.1.100:554

This is where the port forwarding is needed. Since there is only 1 public IP, we use instead different ports for each connection to target the desired camera.
It's done via a table in your router (they all have a "port forward" or "port trigger" section) where you specify that incoming external connections from specific ports have to be sent to a specific internal IP address.

rtsp://Public_IP:554 ---> rtsp://192.168.1.100:554
rtsp://Public_IP:555 ---> rtsp://192.168.1.101:554
rtsp://Public_IP:556 ---> rtsp://192.168.1.102:554
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS EXTERNAL URL >>BECOMES>> THIS INTERNAL URL

So in the example above, the port on the public url can be almost anything you want, as long as that table in your router forwards it to a valid internal IP and port.

I hope it makes sense. I published this article on the subject some time ago with some pictures. The only difference is that it was explained with HTTP/80 instead of RTSP: http://www.gadgetvictims.com/2010/05/how-to-access-your-ip-camera-from.html

Cheers!

Last edited:

skabens

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Bubbah.
Please tell me.
SRICAM product is a scam.

You buy this product, it is yours but you can t view your camera on a Local Network.

YOU ARE OBLIGED TO BE CONNECTED TO INTERNET because camera'ID is handled by the supplier SRICAM.
and when u try to connect to this ID you must travel through SRICAM server.

The day. they Sricam. go bankruptcy or their server shut down all SRICAM Cameras are OUT OF ORDER

You buy a product, but it is not yours 100%. U NEED authorisation from SRICAM to view your camera.
thank you

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im not sure what you mean. Camera cloud is only one, and best solution, when your camera using GSM/LTE Internet connection (cheapest Internet connection in my country). Each company has cloud service, so eventually bankruptcy problem is common. Sircam cameras are similar to other cheap cameras. really problem is, that we can not change ports (rtsp and onvif) so its really hard to use two or more cameras in one local network. But we can view camera image without SRICAM server. (in my workshop, I connect sircam camera with Network Video Recorder, and I can view camera image through Network Video Recorder, or using sircam application)
Tomasz

skabens

n3wb
Reaction score
Im not sure what you mean. Camera cloud is only one, and best solution, when your camera using GSM/LTE Internet connection (cheapest Internet connection in my country). Each company has cloud service, so eventually bankruptcy problem is common. Sircam cameras are similar to other cheap cameras. really problem is, that we can not change ports (rtsp and onvif) so its really hard to use two or more cameras in one local network. But we can view camera image without SRICAM server. (in my workshop, I connect sircam camera with Network Video Recorder, and I can view camera image through Network Video Recorder, or using sircam application)
Tomasz
Thank you Tomas. thank you fr your reply.
May i ask you if in your shop, with you local network only, can u still view camera when internet is off. that was my problem. Yes cheap cameras from APEXIS and many others use IP Adress for camera not ID (handled by supplier). Always can view in local network. thank you

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
in my shop, I have access to sircam (and 7 others cams) through Network Video Recorder, using android telephone. I can (I could) see camera image from inside network (on android or PC), (each camera using one ip address and two ports) but I don not using this method. I have PC monitor connected to NVR and I see 8 cameras together in one screen. Because of NAT in GSM/LTE i can not see camera image directly out of local network. only through cloud.

skabens

n3wb
Reaction score
in my shop, I have access to sircam (and 7 others cams) through Network Video Recorder, using android telephone. I can (I could) see camera image from inside network (on android or PC), (each camera using one ip address and two ports) but I don not using this method. I have PC monitor connected to NVR and I see 8 cameras together in one screen. Because of NAT in GSM/LTE i can not see camera image directly out of local network. only through cloud.
Hi Tomaz. Can you please do me a favour. On PC, with INTERNET disconnected, can you still see images on your local network. Why i ask you this, because SRICAM camera is always located through its ID or rtsp and both of these need internet connection TY

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In local network each camera and computers has fixed IP address. Inside local network, using PC I can view camera image in VLC : rtsp:/192.168.1.122:554/onvif1. without internet connection.