I can't figure out this compression issue

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am adding a few IPC B5442Z to a Sigmax and PTP wireless system and I am having this crazy compression effect I can't figure out. Has anyone seen this?

I have messed with various settings and it always comes back after a few minutes. The original cameras are older Dahua 4mp IP bullets.

Hopefully this link to drive will allow the video to open.

Any help would be appreciated.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fyi I fixed the Drive link sharing setting above. These issues are happening on wireless links. Here is the dashboard of one of them, I don't think the wireless capacity is an issue. If it was, it expect all of the other cameras on the same link to have issues.

Attachments

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
drive link no workie for me, but from what i did see before i tried it, the purple tinted image makes me think the cam's IR filter may be stuck (or at least not in place for daytime, like it should be)...

edit: ok, does play after downloading. still, purple --> IR filter not in place like it should be for daytime. or maybe those buildings really are purple?

the 'compression' artifacts you zoomed in on could just be from what appears to be over-exposure/over-saturation of colors. try adjusting in cam's 'image' page...

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
also, 3072Kbps may be a bit low for 4mp cam, which could cause compression artifacts. try raising that.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So there are 2 new IPC B5442Z cameras on site. One is on a PtMP with a Lite AP GPS as the AP and 2 Nanobeam 5AC Gen2s as clients. Dashboard pictured above. Each of the links has at least one existing camera that is working properly.
The other is on a PtP with 2 TP Link CPE 510s and 2 existing cameras which are working properly. Both of these links carry other cameras that don't have these issues. I tried to install Smart PSS but the server is 32 bit and Smart PSS doesn't appear to come in 32 bit. I also tried Blue Iris and found the same image quality issue.

I have tried basically every setting on the Video tab, including the Max bit rate.

The purple tint is from something in the monitor or HDMI splitter.

I can't run a temporary network cable due to the traffic volume in the parking lot.

The frustrating thing is that I can only see the issues when I am onsite looking at the server. The webserver recreates the cameras in a lower quality which hides the issue.

These are the existing cameras:
Device Type
IPC-HFW4431R-Z
Software Version
2.420.0000.22.R, Build Date: 2016-12-09
WEB Version
ONVIF Version
S/N
3C03AE0PAA00022

Last edited: