I have the Loryta IPC-B54IR-ZE and having noise issues at night

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Shutter 120ms? Excuse me if I get this wrong, it's 5am here but that's 1/8th of a second. (1,000 / 120). Surprised you haven't seen more blur upon movement. For 120th you want 1000 / 120 = 8ms.

Also note Terri, that you mention 5w was so bright you had to put several stockings over it. That's also the reason why - an 1/8th will be letting a lot of light in. Remove the stockings and set the shutter to 8ms and re-evaluate. I'm guessing if you have any issue after it will be a lack of light. But either way, it will certainly improve the movement blur aspects.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay I just saw all these messages. I'm not receiving emails when someone posts. I will remove the stockings off the overhead light and make the needed changes. Thank you for your patience. If these owls didn't mean so much to me, I wouldn't be so afraid of making a mistake. I really appreciate you taking the time to correct my failures. Hopefully once I get this right it will be set for good.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay, I wasn't sure who's directions to follow since three different people suggested settings...so I started with removing the hose and changed my setting to manual and 1/120. Here's a screen capture of my settings. Please let me know if this isn't correct. I am so afraid of messing this up. Thank you all for your help.

Attachments

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is the 7th and my owls haven't nested. I'm afraid they don't like the amount of light shining on the barrel. I am going to add a black hose over the overhead light and see if they like it better. I got it done and both owls hooted at me while I was in the tree. They generally come in or start hooting around 5:45. I'll see if the stocking made them happy. I have never written the time she has laid her first egg since she doesn't leave her nest once she does. Fingers crossed that she lays an egg now :)

Last edited: