I hid my clips

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Used a Moderro Signage computer with a fresh install of Windows 10 (wanted to use Linux but couldn't get sharing to work. Installed a 2TB NVMx M.2 drive. Mounted a 120mm fan on top (It's a fanless no moving parts mini computer. Configured BI to save the clips to the share folder hid it in a place I hope won't be discovered. Network and power cable are all I needed to run to it. In the event of a break in they can run off with the BI computer but they'll be leaving the clips behind and that's the whole idea. It's working awesome. I can remote into it as needed and it and the BI computer will run 24/7.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Used a Moderro Signage computer with a fresh install of Windows 10 (wanted to use Linux but couldn't get sharing to work. Installed a 2TB NVMx M.2 drive. Mounted a 120mm fan on top (It's a fanless no moving parts mini computer. Configured BI to save the clips to the share folder hid it in a place I hope won't be discovered. Network and power cable are all I needed to run to it. In the event of a break in they can run off with the BI computer but they'll be leaving the clips behind and that's the whole idea. It's working awesome. I can remote into it as needed and it and the BI computer will run 24/7.
I would suggest you also store video locally on the bi pc and use the other as a backup....that said no one is stealing a desktop in 2023...