I know this is "IP Cam" talk but need some help with a Camera Purchase

illtww

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't live in the hood ro anything but the neighbor just had their car stolen out of their driveway... (no I don't live in the hood)

I live in a Cul-de-Sac and I am in the middle of it so I have a perfect vantage point on the road leading into the circle and out...

I want to install a higher quality Outdoor camera on the front of my driveway to help alleviate this kind of thing from happening down the road.. (pun intended)

Current System:
LV-KDT0404FTB5 Compatible wiht 1080p TVI cameras. (4 cameras MAX i think, thought it supported 1 IP cam in addition to the 4 BNC cams)

Question:
Which camera 1080P (TVI) maybe IP if i can confirm my DVR accepts one for Outdoor use for maximum coverage and night Vision?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua has CVI Starlights that do amazing and are even cheaper than IP

illtww

n3wb
Reaction score
IS CVI vs TVI just the way it communicates with that particular DVI?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
IS CVI vs TVI just the way it communicates with that particular DVI?
you must use TVI with that dvr...it might support 1 or two ip cameras..you need to check the specs..if it accepts a 1080p ip camera see the dahua starlight turret thread.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If your budget supports it, you could get a decent TVI PTZ and own the cul-de-sac

illtww

n3wb
Reaction score
So I went into the "Maintenance" of my LAView and i see Product Type: LV-T8204YHS

I also see an IP camera setting in the Camera Setup page. It allows me to pick a bunch of different types. ONVIF, RTSP, NETPRO, SONY etc...

I assume this means I have much more options for a IP based (5th) camera now?

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As long as your recorder can handle a 5th channel.