I like this PTZ.. HikVision - DS-2DF8C260I5XG-ELW 1/1.2" progressive scan CMOS @ 2mp.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have White LED street lamps in your neighborhood?
Yes, I do have white LED street lamps, but they are not bright at all. They barely provide enough light to illuminate the area directly underneath them.

also the video from last night with the lights off test.

and i Don't know if you guys can tell but there is the shake when the PTZ comes back I been trying to resolve from day 1. Still no luck..

Last edited:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, I do have white LED street lamps, but they are not bright at all. They barely provide enough light to illuminate the area directly underneath them.

also the video from last night with the lights off test.

and i Don't know if you guys can tell but there is the shake when the PTZ comes back I been trying to resolve from day 1. Still no luck..
I would adjust the speed of the PTZ to see what if any changes appear. It does appear the camera is stuttering.

I would try to isolate the three parts of the camera. If you see it shake / stutter while only zooming the camera needs to be returned. If the pan / tilt speed adjustment reduces the shake / stutter you at least know where it is in the mechanical.

Again, if it’s seen during zooming - return it!

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I would adjust the speed of the PTZ to see what if any changes appear. It does appear the camera is stuttering.

I would try to isolate the three parts of the camera. If you see it shake / stutter while only zooming the camera needs to be returned. If the pan / tilt speed adjustment reduces the shake / stutter you at least know where it is in the mechanical.

Again, if it’s seen during zooming - return it!
You are right that is a good test to perform I just did a quick zoom that seems like it happens when Camera moves zooming does not cause it but as soon if I even move the camera a little it does it..

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
You are right that is a good test to perform I just did a quick zoom that seems like it happens when Camera moves zooming does not cause it but as soon if I even move the camera a little it does it..

Awesome testing and super fast video upload! This is how trouble shooting should be done quick and fast. :thumb:

You could try a Hell Mary pass to see if you the gears are just dry. Let the camera do about 20 second bursts of endless pan maybe 5-10 times.

Wait about 30 seconds in between before you initiate the next cycle. Once that is done do the same for Tilt at the full range of motion.

You may have to do it 20 times but be mindful of letting the camera rest in between. My expectation is either you see no difference or the stuttering goes away.

Let us know what you see and the results!

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
At the moment have a power outage but once power is back on I’ll test that thank you
Hope it’s at least a scheduled rolling blackout vs unknown! Quite a few friends in Tornado Alley are without power, gas, and water.:(

Never mind the poor souls who lost their home and possessions.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Hope it’s at least a scheduled rolling blackout vs unknown! Quite a few friends in Tornado Alley are without power, gas, and water.:(

Never mind the poor souls who lost their home and possessions.
For me it’s just some solar work and main panel upgrade going on so scheduled work

should be back up by evening at some point

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
It looks to me like the camera is shuttering when it comes back to the home position or at a stop position. I do not see a problem when it is moving.
So, I can confirm that when the camera is moving and then comes to a stop, it causes that wobble. This issue is not isolated to just returning to the home position unfortunately.

and both EIS and OIS are on..

1716351802762.png

Last edited:

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The night image looks really good, unfortunately the stuttering will trigger my OCD if it was my camera. I agree with ljw2k that this camera is probabaly faulty and have to be return/ replace.:(

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
The amount of lens flare is also unacceptable as this is effecting 50% or more of the picture. I wouldn't say the lens flare is a fault but not the best lens design for a camera with this spec.
I personaly wouldn't buy this camera for the lens flare alone but could work for someoene out in the sticks where they have zero street lighting.

Going forward If it was my camera I would get in touch with the seller and ask them or Hikvision to try another camera to see if it shows the same issues, if so then I would be looking at a different camera.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
The amount of lens flare is also unacceptable as this is effecting 50% or more of the picture. I wouldn't say the lens flare is a fault but not the best lens design for a camera with this spec.
I personaly wouldn't buy this camera for the lens flare alone but could work for someoene out in the sticks where they have zero street lighting.

Going forward If it was my camera I would get in touch with the seller and ask them or Hikvision to try another camera to see if it shows the same issues, if so then I would be looking at a different camera.
Given Andy sold the camera to him I’m sure a replacement won’t be an issue. As it relates to the lens flare I have to agree.

This highlights the fact these problems are easily seen on none dome cameras too if the design isn’t sound.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Given Andy sold the camera to him I’m sure a replacement won’t be an issue. As it relates to the lens flare I have to agree.

This highlights the fact these problems are easily seen on none dome cameras too if the design isn’t sound.
I never mentiond an issue with a replacement for him but more checking that the replacement does not show the same symtoms as this would direct you towards a bad design in this particular camera making it more or less useless for where street lighting is installed close to the camera itself.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
There is more than 1 reason why you can stutter as well. It can be the video bit rate if too high for the device it's being written to. It can be the shutter speed if too fast with movement (unlikely here with 1/60th) as moving objects can move a visible distance between frames. It could be the mount if not rock solid (movement on movement). A few things to always eliminate.