I lost my clip window, how do I get it back!?

Reaction score
BlueIris 4.2.3.5 x64

A strange thing happened this morning. I went to my server to review my nightly BI alerts (which I received notifications for) and I was surprised to see that the Clips window in the desktop app is missing. This is the window that is framed in to the right of the camera window. It is completely gone. All I have is a Cameras window and the timeline bar at the bottom. Does anyone know how I can get my clips window back? I tried every conceivable right click option that I can think of.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try clicking on the location shown in the attached jpeg (yellow highlight)?...

Click-Here.jpg

Reaction score
Hi Q2U,

Unfortunately, I don't even have the option to do that. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like on my system.

BI.png

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Is that window full screen (in the upper right corner)?

Reaction score
No, the screenshot was not taken with the window maximized. Clicking each of the full screen icons in BI does maximize the window, but it does not bring back the Clips window. This is really frustrating. I have been using BI flawlessly for two years.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Weird, I wonder if it could be an update issue? I haven't updated mine lately. Since some people seem to be having a few problems I've been waiting until the issues get ironed out.

Reaction score
I have to think you are right. I apply updates as they come, and I have the latest update.

I have reached out to BI support as well.

Reaction score
So.....

Reapplying the latest full install from the BI web site did nothing to solve my problem.

I did a full uninstall and reinstall of BI.

Entered my registration key.

The BI app then showed the virgin camera and clip windows. Yay!

Imported my version 4 settings. The clip window disappeared again. Boo.

Reverted to an older version of my export settings. The clip window is back again. Yay, but boo that I have to go and reapply the changes I have made since August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
After applying the changes that I have made in recent history, I have lost the clips window again.

I have traced it back to the baked in Admin account. I disabled the View recorded clips checkbox which made the Clips window not available after an application restart. What bothers me about this, is that this user is "disabled", because I have created another Admin type user.

Anyway, I hope this helps some other moron like myself.

So to summarize, the baked in Admin user account is no longer enabled, and I downgraded all of its settings (removing this account seems pointless, as it comes back automagically). By doing this, I lost my Clips window. The only change I made to bring it back was to check the View recorded clips checkbox, restart the app, and the Clips window is back.

Last edited by a moderator:

memphis02

n3wb
Reaction score
Thankyou for this post, I too, removed the stock "admin" account just as a general precaution and could not figure out (remember) what I'd done!!!