I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

USMC_Rob

n3wb
Reaction score
I could imagine, I figured the setting was somewhere, but my jarhead self couldnt find it.

Thx again

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
One thing on my wish list is the ability to increase that group image resolution via the web interface. But I don't think it is going to happen.

USMC_Rob

n3wb
Reaction score
Right, or the ability to make one image larger than the others, like in the BI interface. We all can dream tho. I love the interface, it is really a great addition to the software.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, at least there could be a checkbox to make the webcast stream use the same sizing logic as the local interface. It is all work for Ken. Any 3rd party apps such as iOS / Android / UI2 would take that change automatically without issue.

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Love the look and feel of UI2...Great Job.....having a little problem pointing BI to the specific UI2 interface? under users in the Homepage: box I have entered it exactly as you say, but every time I load the page it brings up the default jpegpull.htm. I know Im missing just that one small thing any help is appreciated...tks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Love the look and feel of UI2...Great Job.....having a little problem pointing BI to the specific UI2 interface? under users in the Homepage: box I have entered it exactly as you say, but every time I load the page it brings up the default jpegpull.htm. I know Im missing just that one small thing any help is appreciated...tks
Possibly you are connecting without authentication, which would go through the Anonymous user? I think you have to create the "Anonymous" account manually before you can configure its behavior.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is there any way to make a special login page for the administrator only that reduces the 2 second wait down to 0 seconds? I want to have a page that only I use on my LAN to quickly access the cameras when someone rings the doorbell. I realize 2 seconds more isn't a huge wait but just wondering if there is a way to reduce it when I'm using it from my LAN? Thanks!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You could disable the authentication requirement entirely for your LAN. Or edit the login page script to eliminate the timer if the stored user name matches some predefined value. Just realize it won't be so easy to change your user name if there is no wait time.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Or edit the login page script to eliminate the timer if the stored user name matches some predefined value.
Can you point me to where that script resides on my computer and what value I need to add/edit please? I looked at login.htm but there is alot of "scripting" in there and I'm not a programmer.
Just realize it won't be so easy to change your user name if there is no wait time.
I realized that but all I would have to do would be to go back and remove the stored name (or replace the newly edited file with an original copy) and then I would be able to change my username on the login page. Is that correct?

Thanks once again for all of your help (and being so prompt)!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you point me to where that script resides on my computer and what value I need to add/edit please?
The relevant script is in login.htm itself. Let me put together the base for this so all you'll have to do is find/replace in the file.

I realized that but all I would have to do would be to go back and remove the stored name (or replace the newly edited file with an original copy) and then I would be able to change my username on the login page. Is that correct?
Correct.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have attached a new login page and supporting script file (it is separate so it can be cached; it is in the 'applet' subdirectory because files in there do not require authentication for Blue Iris to serve them).

On line 56 is "SOME_USER_NAME_TO_LOG_IN_INSTANTLY". Replace that with the user name you want.

This login page is the one I was working on last year but haven't included with UI2 yet - it is a lot nicer than the previous one I think.

Attachments

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Think I got it was adding entire address string in Homepage....after just using ui2.htm seems to work although not every time? once I refresh the page it comes up...Tks

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have attached a new login page and supporting script file (it is separate so it can be cached; it is in the 'applet' subdirectory because files in there do not require authentication for Blue Iris to serve them).

On line 56 is "SOME_USER_NAME_TO_LOG_IN_INSTANTLY". Replace that with the user name you want.

This login page is the one I was working on last year but haven't included with UI2 yet - it is a lot nicer than the previous one I think.
That worked super fast and perfectly! As always, thanks! The new login page looks good too.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Would it be possible to add an option for the "Save Snapshot" button to open the snapshot image in a new browser tab?

Why? I often use UI2 on an iPad. Both iOS Safari and Chrome insist on opening the downloaded snapshot image in the same window (ditto for OSx Safari). The result is I must page back to (and thus reopen) UI2. This means I lose my place if I am trying, for example, to grab multiple frames while playing back a recording.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to add an option for the "Save Snapshot" button to open the snapshot image in a new browser tab?

Why? I often use UI2 on an iPad. Both iOS Safari and Chrome insist on opening the downloaded snapshot image in the same window (ditto for OSx Safari). The result is I must page back to (and thus reopen) UI2. This means I lose my place if I am trying, for example, to grab multiple frames while playing back a recording.
Interesting. That button was designed to actually initiate a download (no new tab, no takeover), but I guess on iOS that isn't allowed.

Try this. Open ui2.htm, find the line that reads:

Code:
<a id="save_snapshot_btn" href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="saveSnapshot()">
and add the attribute target="_blank" like this:

Code:
<a id="save_snapshot_btn" href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="saveSnapshot()" target="_blank">
If that solves the problem for you, I will put it in the default build so it will be there in the next update.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still cant get UI2 to load as default? I get the updated login but then it loads BI default UI....?