I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

skarragallagher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think that is low quality mode

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Question, what's with the blue "big & small tree on a hill with the sun shining?" I click on it and (1) it turns red and (2) all of my camera streams get fuzzy and look Qrappy? Screenshot posted below...
OK set "image quality" to "high" or "low". Why is this needed? Is there any way to hide this feature by editing the ui2-local-overrides.js file (I can't seem to find such a setting in there)?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK set "image quality" to "high" or "low". Why is this needed? Is there any way to hide this feature by editing the ui2-local-overrides.js file (I can't seem to find such a setting in there)?
OK. Maybe Options (UI Configuration) > Top Bar > Show Quality Button

Doh!

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BP2008, I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your efforts and the quality of your work. May I suggest that you solicit donations...and if you don't want to keep the money you may want to set up the funds to be auto-donated to a charity which isn't a ripoff. Thank you very -- very -- much. I've got $50.00 for you or your specified charity BP...tell me how to send it to you.

Screenshot_(Modified).jpg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL Q.

The quality button is for when you are connecting remotely over bad internet and you need a frame rate boost at any cost. The red "low quality" version of the icon is actually lower resolution and less sharp than the blue version to demonstrate lower quality. But I guess it just isn't apparent enough. Everyone is just trying to figure out what the little hill and the tree are all about. Perhaps I should change it to giant letters "HQ" and "LQ" and make it look like a button with the mouseover highlighting and all that. Would that be better? Or perhaps I should make it normal sized text ... "Low Quality" and "High Quality".

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BP, I sorry to be such a heel but I stopped using PayPal long ago because they just pissed me off once too often. I'm going to PM you with my email address and maybe you could email email me a PayPal invoice for $50.00? I think I may be able to pay via PayPal invoice by credit card without having to create a PayPal account. If not, simply PM me your address and I'll send you a picture of Ulysses S. Grant...the old fashioned way.

[NUT]

n3wb
Reaction score
@bp2008

I have a feature request, which I hope is easy to implement.

For the company I work for we use BI for the camera's and we have a pc with 4 displays to show the footage, but the replacement page you created does not allow scaling to the size of the available screen space if we stretch the browser window accross the 4 displays...

So, the feature request is simple:

Can you make it make use of all available space and scale the camera views to fill up the available space somehow?

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bp2008...is there a possibility to add a full-resolution "snapshot" functionality to BRLV where the snapshot is saved to the user's local machine?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
[NUT];64573 said:
@bp2008

I have a feature request, which I hope is easy to implement.

For the company I work for we use BI for the camera's and we have a pc with 4 displays to show the footage, but the replacement page you created does not allow scaling to the size of the available screen space if we stretch the browser window accross the 4 displays...

So, the feature request is simple:

Can you make it make use of all available space and scale the camera views to fill up the available space somehow?
No, but you can try.

Go to Blue Iris, and in the lower left you should find this:

You can use the "Specify frame size" box to enter whatever resolution you want to make the images fill your displays better.

- - - Updated - - -

Bp2008...is there a possibility to add a full-resolution "snapshot" functionality to BRLV where the snapshot is saved to the user's local machine?
Yeah, that is possible, assuming you mean to have it save the current camera view as a jpeg image. I'll put it on my list.

Last edited by a moderator:

[NUT]

n3wb
Reaction score
No, but you can try.

Go to Blue Iris, and in the lower left you should find this:

<sni

You can use the "Specify frame size" box to enter whatever resolution you want to make the images fill your displays better.
Hmm, tried it, it does make it fit better... thanks for the suggestion.

The way it's done now does however make it work a bit iffy... The playback feature for the clips doesn't work anymore (just a black screen, no footage to view)...

Is there any way to group camera's in to a view and then just show that group? Could be possible to split the camera's in to 4 groups and display a group on each single monitor that way? I'm new to BI so I don't know all it's features...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
[NUT];64728 said:
Hmm, tried it, it does make it fit better... thanks for the suggestion.

The way it's done now does however make it work a bit iffy... The playback feature for the clips doesn't work anymore (just a black screen, no footage to view)...

Is there any way to group camera's in to a view and then just show that group? Could be possible to split the camera's in to 4 groups and display a group on each single monitor that way? I'm new to BI so I don't know all it's features...
Not easily. The best way to do what you want would probably be to use Blue Iris itself and not a web page. You can detach camera windows from the main program and create whatever arrangements you like on multiple monitors.

Alternatively, you can assign groups to your cameras in Blue Iris and then load the different groups in UI2.

To aid in loading the groups in UI2, you may want to be able to specify the group name in a parameter sent in the URL, so that you could make multiple bookmarks for the UI2 page, each configured to open a different camera group. First, you would need to create a file named ui2-local-overrides.js in the www/ui2/ folder.

Then paste inside it this code:

Code:
var params = {}; window.location.search.replace(/[?&]+([^=&]+)=([^&]*)/gi, function (str, key, value) { params[key] = value; });

if (typeof params['group'] != 'undefined' && params['group'] != '')
{
	OverrideDefaultSetting("ui2_defaultCameraGroupId", params['group'], true, true, 0);
}
After doing this, you can load ui2 with a URL such as http://x.x.x.x/ui2.htm?group=groupname

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a way to do an export of a specific part of a video clip? The default BI webpages let you select a start point of a clip, choose to export, hit play, and stop to export that section of video... I can't seem to figure out if there's some kind of functionality in the UI2 version, but if it's not - can it be added?

kostas125

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the good work bp2008.
I wonder if there is any way to access the camera settings in order to enable or disable record or alerts (per camera). I have some made in PRC IP cameras that if they lose for a while the wifi connection, when they come back, auto activate the alerts and i ve got hundreds of motion detection emails. So it will be perfect if i can reach settings for each camera through UI2.

Thanks again

tom95521

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it possible when viewing single camera to save camera ui2 digital zoom levels so when viewing a camera group each camera has separate zoom levels?

Thanks,
Tom

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to do an export of a specific part of a video clip? The default BI webpages let you select a start point of a clip, choose to export, hit play, and stop to export that section of video... I can't seem to figure out if there's some kind of functionality in the UI2 version, but if it's not - can it be added?
There is no way to do this with UI2, and I am not aware of a way I could add this.

Thanks for the good work bp2008.
I wonder if there is any way to access the camera settings in order to enable or disable record or alerts (per camera). I have some made in PRC IP cameras that if they lose for a while the wifi connection, when they come back, auto activate the alerts and i ve got hundreds of motion detection emails. So it will be perfect if i can reach settings for each camera through UI2.

Thanks again
That is a planned feature but I am not yet certain which settings will be changeable. It is not high on my priority list though.

Is it possible when viewing single camera to save camera ui2 digital zoom levels so when viewing a camera group each camera has separate zoom levels?

Thanks,
Tom
Maybe, but not the way it is coded right now. I chose specifically to reset things like zoom levels every time the active camera changes because a lot of people don't understand computers well and I didn't want questions of "why is this camera always zoomed in??!".

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well deserved, and underwhelming donation sent... You deserve it, Brian.