I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008

Is it possible to have a [x] on the [alerts,clips, all cameras] window on the right of the bar (CUA) to close the window and allow full screen. Then a semi transparent [>] in the full screen window to open it back up?
Possible, yes, with custom script such a button could be injected. But not really necessary.

If you position the mouse just to the right of the scroll bar in the clip list, a draggable handle will appear. Click and drag it all the way to the left to make all the menus disappear. The handle will remain on the left side of the screen, hidden, waiting for you to drag it open again. Double-clicking the handle resets it to its default size. You can also hide and show all this stuff with hotkeys. The default key for showing and hiding the menus is tilde. You can find and modify all the hotkeys by going to the options menu (upper right corner next to Log Out button), and choosing the Hotkeys category.

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...She said that's stupid... Common [x] on the window, and a simple "semi transparent ">" on the top and everybody would understand that...
Tell her Q™ said she should get to work and start programming...and we'll user acceptance test it as soon as she's done.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL Q, my biggest fan.

About the X / > button idea though, I understand some may find it more intuitive but I will go to great lengths to not add UI elements to the full screen camera view and that idea doesn't work without adding a UI element there.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tell her Q™ said she should get to work and start programming...and we'll user acceptance test it as soon as she's done.[/QUOTE

I'm trying to figure out how to answer this. I lost my temper and deleted the post. I was simply trying to post what I thought was a good, helpful observation... It wasn't even a requist. It's not my code. @QTeam, I did contribute, probably will again.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL Q, my biggest fan.

About the X / > button idea though, I understand some may find it more intuitive but I will go to great lengths to not add UI elements to the full screen camera view and that idea doesn't work without adding a UI element there.
I understand that...

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tell her Q™ said she should get to work and start programming...and we'll user acceptance test it as soon as she's done.[/QUOTE

I'm trying to figure out how to answer this. I lost my temper and deleted the post. I was simply trying to post what I thought was a good, helpful observation...
Don't take it personally Crowder...I'm on a roll...you should see what I just did to reeves1985 smiley3.gif

blkdrgn808

n3wb
Reaction score
This works great on my mini PC stick. It went from 98-100% running 4 cameras with BI vs. UI2 running 20% 8 cameras. Is there a way to select which cameras you only want to view? Sorry 39 pages is a lot to read.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
This works great on my mini PC stick. It went from 98-100% running 4 cameras with BI vs. UI2 running 20% 8 cameras. Is there a way to select which cameras you only want to view? Sorry 39 pages is a lot to read.
Yes, there is. If you set up camera groups in Blue Iris, you can choose the group you want to see in UI2 at the top of the page. Find where it says

and click All cameras for a menu of your groups.

tom95521

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using a kangaroo mini pc running windows 10 and chrome. Works great. Testing the BI android app on nexus player next.

blkdrgn808

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, there is. If you set up camera groups in Blue Iris, you can choose the group you want to see in UI2 at the top of the page. Find where it says

and click All cameras for a menu of your groups.
Thanks I got it to work. Now how do I close the left side clips? I tried dragging it to the left to close. It could also be that I'm remoted into the PC so I can't find the sweet spot. Maybe an X or minimize button?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Exhaustive instructions for collapsing the left side menu are on the previous page of this thread :)