I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

zhill29

n3wb
Reaction score
Just installed this, everything seems to work ok except for playing back clips. The only ones that play back are the ones that were recorded before I set the cameras up to record direct to disk. Any ideas?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I had playback trouble when I tried to record to mp4 format. I never really figured out how to fix it. If you are doing the same thing, try recording to .bvr instead. The only downside of .bvr format is that you have to export clips out of Blue Iris to use them in other software or upload to youtube etc. .bvr has the advantages of being the best supported format in Blue Iris and the only format which lets you begin playback while a clip is still recording.

zhill29

n3wb
Reaction score
I had playback trouble when I tried to record to mp4 format. I never really figured out how to fix it. Try recording to .bvr instead. The only downside of .bvr format is that you have to export clips out of Blue Iris to use them in other software or upload to youtube etc.
It is recording in BVR.

zhill29

n3wb
Reaction score
Then I have no idea what is wrong. Out of curiosity what kind of camera are you using?
I have various ones. A couple are Advidia's, a Panasonic, Anran, Netcat, and a couple others I don't recall the brand names of. The only one that plays clips is the Panasonic because I have that one set to encode in H264 because I needed to flip the video in BI. (Camera doesn't give option to)

Git

Banned
Reaction score
I just stumbled on a really helpful feature that I have not seen documented anywhere (I guess I must have missed it so you might have also)

If you have a PZT camera like the Huisun, and you hold down the preset button - it will create a thumbnail of that view! Very helpful since I can't remember all my preset settings :)

SNAG-0032.jpg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I just stumbled on a really helpful feature that I have not seen documented anywhere (I guess I must have missed it so you might have also)

If you have a PZT camera like the Huisun, and you hold down the preset button - it will create a thumbnail of that view! Very helpful since I can't remember all my preset settings :)

View attachment 7426
Yup. Unfortunately those thumbnails are stored only in the browser you use to set the presets, but you can always goto and set each preset in sequence on other browsers to replicate them.

- - - Updated - - -

Question, does the h264 stream from blue Iris contain audio as well?
Blue Iris does have a few h264 streaming options, but none of them works well enough in any 3rd party software I've found so I'm not actually sure if it streams the audio as well...

skarragallagher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, how do you pull the audio? Do you access the temp wav file for the camera?

Myckie

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much bp2008, this custom web is very useful to me .
I have blueiris running in my server, and your web in a monitor in the living room, very nice to see cams and alerts.

I dont find if there is any way to activate auto refresh for new alerts (or for all the videos). Is it possible?

Thanks!!!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you so much bp2008, this custom web is very useful to me .
I have blueiris running in my server, and your web in a monitor in the living room, very nice to see cams and alerts.

I dont find if there is any way to activate auto refresh for new alerts (or for all the videos). Is it possible?

Thanks!!!
There is not yet. It will be complicated but one way or another I do intend to have it check for new alerts / clips automatically in the future.

Git

Banned
Reaction score

Thanks!!!

I use Chrome for my browser and there is a free extension - REFRESH MONKEY - that makes it very easy to refresh the entire page at a set interval. When the page refreshes it also refreshes the alerts

It adds a button in the top right corner of the browser and you can see what the settings look like here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/refresh-monkey/ljngnafhejmefmijjoedbclkadhacebd?hl=en

Myckie

n3wb
Reaction score
I use Chrome for my browser and there is a free extension - REFRESH MONKEY - that makes it very easy to refresh the entire page at a set interval. When the page refreshes it also refreshes the alerts

It adds a button in the top right corner of the browser and you can see what the settings look like here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/refresh-monkey/ljngnafhejmefmijjoedbclkadhacebd?hl=en
Thanks! Tested and working :)
Seems it does not remember settings and you have to activate every time the browser is restarted, but works fine .

jclguru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Question:

On the left hand column, where the Alerts are...the 5th line is cut off. I'm assuming that's the
time. Any way to make those fonts smaller so I can see all of the text...or maybe change the
date format?

Thanks
Doug

Attachments

Oblique

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you bp2008, for this terrific interface. A small token of appreciation is on its way.