I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

James DiBernardo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Baller, replacing all the files with your new version fixed my Clip loading issue.

so_good.png

jmburton2001

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
UI2 doesn't do anything with frames, and I've never seen such an error before. I suspect you and your friend are using some strange browser plugin. Or maybe have a malware infection.
Finally figured it out... For some inexplicable reason, the update to BI 4.2.8.2 changed my firewall settings. As soon as I changed them back everything started working like it did before the upgrade. Sorry for the confusion!

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've noticed recently that when I load the UI2 web page (v 0.9.6) in Chrome, that it tends to hang a while (3 to 5 seconds) on the last item "Loading Clip List... BUSY". Is there some way to have the main page load first and then load the clip list? I ask this because on numerous occasions, I hear something outside like a delivery van or whatever, and I try to load the UI2 page which previously seemed to load more quickly. But now, by the time it loads, the vehicle or noise I heard is gone. Now I know that I can go back and look at the saved clip recording of what I missed but it would be nice to have a way to load the UI2 interface quickly to see what is happening live (almost immediately), especially if I'm not as interested in either immediately accessing the clips or even accessing them at all.

Thanks!

Scott

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Good point. Maybe I'll take clip list loading out of the startup queue because it does tend to get bogged down when you have a lot of clips in Blue Iris and right now I can't think of a reason it needs to load before allowing user interaction.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wow bp2008! Now UI2 loads amazingly fast....like less than 1/2 second! Thanks for making that change and for doing it so quickly!

Scott

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank YOU for the suggestion. Very early on I made the decision to load the clip list as part of the startup routine and never gave it a second thought until you mentioned it.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey, @piconut and @djangel!

v0.9.7 - 2016-01-14
+ Added a hotkey for the "Save Snapshot" button, CTRL + S by default.
+ Added a Misc option to use locale-specific date and time formatting in the clip list (so it will work like UI2 0.9.5 and older).
* Improved UI2 loading time by removing the clip list line item from the startup chain.

The download link, as always, is in the first post: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/93-I-made-a-better-remote-live-view-page
That's awesome! Thanks for the quick update.

[NUT]

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank YOU for the suggestion. Very early on I made the decision to load the clip list as part of the startup routine and never gave it a second thought until you mentioned it.
It's loading quite fast, but I think I found a bug...

Screenshot - 15-01-16 - 15:30:57.png

That's what happens when we click the configure button... and we have to reload the page once we do to close it...

Found that because I was trying to enable the html5 video feature (which does not work for me, but that could be as simple as a browser support issue)...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
[NUT];72693 said:
It's loading quite fast, but I think I found a bug...

View attachment 7619

That's what happens when we click the configure button... and we have to reload the page once we do to close it...

Found that because I was trying to enable the html5 video feature (which does not work for me, but that could be as simple as a browser support issue)...
Something did not load correctly. Try re-extracting from the zip, then CTRL + F5 in the browser to force a complete refresh.

The html5 canvas is not html5 video, unfortunately. A canvas is just a drawing surface which allows the image data be edited by script. I added it originally for a different feature that did not work out, but kept it around because I thought maybe someone out there would appreciate being able to apply simple filters to the video.

blazenmp

n3wb
Reaction score
Something did not load correctly. Try re-extracting from the zip, then CTRL + F5 in the browser to force a complete refresh.

The html5 canvas is not html5 video, unfortunately. A canvas is just a drawing surface which allows the image data be edited by script. I added it originally for a different feature that did not work out, but kept it around because I thought maybe someone out there would appreciate being able to apply simple filters to the video.
Any chance you can make it so we can flag a clip, similar to how the mobile app works on iPhone?

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
got mine working by updating to the latest as mentioned. it works great. I had tried this before but did not explore it enough to see the improvements.

the ability to scrub through clips and alerts on the web view is amazing. simply amazing. i run a headless windows box that sits in a closet and i rarely log into it (just for updates), so the ability to do more features via the web is great.

My only suggestion is a one-click way to view all cameras like the normal ui. I know this is nitpicking, but unless I'm missing something, it is two clicks to go back to view all cams (current camera, all cameras).

+1 for the ability to flag clips.

beautiful work on this and thanks for your time and for sharing.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My only suggestion is a one-click way to view all cameras like the normal ui. I know this is nitpicking, but unless I'm missing something, it is two clicks to go back to view all cams (current camera, all cameras).
What you are looking for is the blinking "Go Live" button which appears at the top of the clip list while a clip is playing.

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What you are looking for is the blinking "Go Live" button which appears at the top of the clip list while a clip is playing.
That works if you are viewing clips or alerts. If you are viewing a single live camera, is there a one-click way to get back to view all?

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That works if you are viewing clips or alerts. If you are viewing a single live camera, is there a one-click way to get back to view all?
My UI2 works with a single click when switching between views, so it must be something at your end.

[NUT]

n3wb
Reaction score

Actually, I already did... which didn't make any difference unfortunately...

I'll give it another try after moving the web dir to a different location, will let you know if that worked...

This BI+this remote view page are running on windows server 2012 R2... which is quite the b*tch when it comes to safety features ... it's more like M$ didn't want you to use this windows version, as it does not allow anything 'normal' to work properly :eek:

[EDIT]

Okay... after moving the page to a new directory and cleaning it up a bit (from my previous attempts to make it (ui2) the default view) it started working correctly...

Linux/Apache are sooooooo much nicer to work with when it comes to websites :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Myckie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, @piconut and @djangel!

v0.9.7 - 2016-01-14
+ Added a hotkey for the "Save Snapshot" button, CTRL + S by default.
+ Added a Misc option to use locale-specific date and time formatting in the clip list (so it will work like UI2 0.9.5 and older).
* Improved UI2 loading time by removing the clip list line item from the startup chain.

The download link, as always, is in the first post: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/93-I-made-a-better-remote-live-view-page
Nice update! Thank you :)