I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
[NUT];73336 said:
Actually, I already did... which didn't make any difference unfortunately...

I'll give it another try after moving the web dir to a different location, will let you know if that worked...

This BI+this remote view page are running on windows server 2012 R2... which is quite the b*tch when it comes to safety features ... it's more like M$ didn't want you to use this windows version, as it does not allow anything 'normal' to work properly :eek:

[EDIT]

Okay... after moving the page to a new directory and cleaning it up a bit (from my previous attempts to make it (ui2) the default view) it started working correctly...

Linux/Apache are sooooooo much nicer to work with when it comes to websites :rolleyes:
I'm glad to hear you got it working. I don't think Linux and Apache are necessarily nicer to work with. It is just a matter of what you understand best and have the most experience with. A few misconceptions about any system can make it a real pain to work with :)

Reaction score
does anyone know what would cause a delay in audio? when i go to listen to audio in live view there is about a 16s delay between audio and video. not sure if this is a UI2 thing or not.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
does anyone know what would cause a delay in audio? when i go to listen to audio in live view there is about a 16s delay between audio and video. not sure if this is a UI2 thing or not.
This just seems to be a Chrome quirk. Like it takes too long auto-detecting the audio format or something. Firefox has a much shorter delay.

[NUT]

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear you got it working. I don't think Linux and Apache are necessarily nicer to work with. It is just a matter of what you understand best and have the most experience with. A few misconceptions about any system can make it a real pain to work with :)
Agreed, you have a point there... but I must say the logging and error reporting from apache (and PHP) are superior to the one in BI. However, I'm glad to have it working.

Just over a week ago I created the camera groups, the groups are working fine so far, making it easy to spread the view among 4 monitors. Thanks again for that work around :loyal:

Dc4

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been using UI2 for a while now at home, and now I use it for my work system as well. Awesome. Donation sent BP.

Screenshot of my system: http://s17.postimg.org/k74u7683z/image.jpg

Also just realized something BP... about the location in the PayPal link. I grew up very close to there, and rafted the river through there a whole bunch. Love that area!

Thanks again for the hard work.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using UI2 for a while now at home, and now I use it for my work system as well. Awesome. Donation sent BP.

Screenshot of my system: http://s17.postimg.org/k74u7683z/image.jpg

Also just realized something BP... about the location in the PayPal link. I grew up very close to there, and rafted the river through there a whole bunch. Love that area!

Thanks again for the hard work.
Thank you :) Yes, it is a nice place.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@bp2008, is it possible for you to add a list of accounts which are presently logged into the BI web server via BRLV?

As I envision it, this might look something like this:

Users: 3 (LouC, JerryR, Spike)

If possible, I would allow two (on / Off) switches for this: one for the "Users: 3" and the other for "(LouC, JerryR, Spike)"

Thanks for lending an ear.

P.S. Sorry to be critical but I LOVE the ("Download a frame to disk") feature but I thing the save_snapshot96.png image is too big, ugly, and intrusive. (IMO, YMMV, $0.02)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008, is it possible for you to add a list of accounts which are presently logged into the BI web server via BRLV?

As I envision it, this might look something like this:

Users: 3 (LouC, JerryR, Spike)

If possible, I would allow two (on / Off) switches for this: one for the "Users: 3" and the other for "(LouC, JerryR, Spike)"

Thanks for lending an ear.

P.S. Sorry to be critical but I LOVE the ("Download a frame to disk") feature but I thing the save_snapshot96.png image is too big, ugly, and intrusive. (IMO, YMMV, $0.02)
I do not think that Blue Iris provides any such user information through its API unfortunately, so I can't add it to UI2. Regarding the save snapshot image, if you have any specific suggestions to make it better I am all ears. I've been using mostly graphics from http://www.flaticon.com and this particular icon is a combination of a file download icon and a camera icon. The goal being for the icon to indicate "save snapshot". I don't know how to do better.

Dc4

n3wb
Reaction score
This is the image/icon that Mobotix uses on their live view pages for saving a snapshot. It's mediocre at best, but I do like that it's small and simple.

Attachments

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You know UI2 is good when this is what is being debated :cool:.. I like your icon bp. It's simple and says what it needs to. Seems like it would be easy enough for anyone to change out the png image if they wanted something else.
Keep up the good work!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like it would be easy enough for anyone to change out the png image if they wanted something else.
Keep up the good work!
Not quite as easy as you'd think, actually. Most button images in UI2 are specially crafted in a rather unusual way. Each button is actually a transparent cutout from the UI2 background color:

This makes it so I can set the color of the button with css and script, by modifying the background-color style. This is how the color changes when you mouse over or press the mouse button down on a UI2 button. This is also why I use simplistic, mono-tone button graphics. Anyway if you replace one of the button png files, you would also need to replace the css styles handling the background color, but only for that one specific button, and of course just replacing the png file it would get overwritten by UI2 updates so you would need to name the image differently and then change the image source with an override script. It gets messy fast :)

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It gets messy fast :)
Right.. didn't consider this. The apk's I've been messing with lately have all been built simpler than that lol, but such is a programmers life. Either way you do good work. UI2 has been a blessing to our intranet.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Beep...I've been looking at icons for an hour; I forgot how tedious icon work can be. If you don't mind I'm going to keep looking and testing them out locally here at Q's test lab. Besides the Gear (Settings) and the Snapshot icon are there any other icons which are presently needed?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...and Turtle (Slow)...Run (Fast)...Pause (Clip)...Forward (Clip)...Reverse (Clip)...Toggle (Looping)...Toggle (Auto-Playback).

Any others I've missed?

Phlerb

n3wb
Reaction score
Fantastic page, love it!

Wondering if you can add as a preference to also show CPU temperature on the page?

Thanks
Phlerb

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Beep...I've been looking at icons for an hour; I forgot how tedious icon work can be. If you don't mind I'm going to keep looking and testing them out locally here at Q's test lab. Besides the Gear (Settings) and the Snapshot icon are there any other icons which are presently needed?
"needed"? I do not understand.

...and Turtle (Slow)...Run (Fast)...Pause (Clip)...Forward (Clip)...Reverse (Clip)...Toggle (Looping)...Toggle (Auto-Playback).

Any others I've missed?
Look in the www/ui2 folder to see all the icons used in UI2. disclaimer: there may be an image or two in there that are not used, but such is life.

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic page, love it!

Wondering if you can add as a preference to also show CPU temperature on the page?

Thanks
Phlerb
Blue Iris does not read and provide the CPU temperature, so I can't add it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Fantastic page, love it!

Thanks
Phlerb
If you can find a CPU temperature monitoring program that outputs the current temperature to a text file, you could have Blue Iris include the content of that txt file as a text overlay on one of your cameras.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bp2008 - I know how hard icon work can be also (I work at a software development company making icons (sometimes)). I made an icon "sprite" sheet in Illustrator that is used for our icons and is exported as a single svg sheet. From there, the devs use the grid location for the icon they want from the sprite sheet and code the UI to use the coordinates. When they need it to change color for mouse hover events, they have a duplicate sprite sheet in a different color that is called to render the new hover color.

If you want to hear more about this process, let me know and I will gladly share it with you. Also, if you ever need an icon, let me know and I will make it/them for you :)

Example of the sprite sheet we use that I made
sprite sheet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice, I like how your spritesheet has the coordinates printed along the borders.

I've used spritesheets in games and in other web development, but they are a pain in the ass so I don't bother with UI2 :)

I will keep in mind your offer to make icons, but so far I've been able to find or make what I need at that flaticon site.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Always happy to contribute back for all the hard work you have put into this baby.

Also, not sure if it has been mentioned as of yet, but I think there is a bug with respect to using the keyboard arrow keys to navigate the clip playlist and some of my cameras that have pan and tilt ability. Seems that if I am navigating the clip list with up and down arrows that when I am viewing a clip of one of the pan tilt cameras, when I go past that clip with the keyboard it also moves the live camera either up or down. This doesn't make much difference to me since I rarely use the arrows to navigate the clip list but thought I would let it be known.