I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yo bp!! any idea what would cause the entire page to error out and basically just load up a single jpg all of a sudden??? basically we'll just have the live view up and leave and come back a few hours later and the url will now be /image/index?time=1455059664370 without us doing or touching anything etc etc....

it's really strange? haha

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
yo bp!! any idea what would cause the entire page to error out and basically just load up a single jpg all of a sudden??? basically we'll just have the live view up and leave and come back a few hours later and the url will now be /image/index?time=1455059664370 without us doing or touching anything etc etc....

it's really strange? haha
It won't be UI2 doing that. Gremlins perhaps.

What happens if you click the download frame icon? It is possible some browser I did not test will misbehave if you click it, and CTRL + S is the default hotkey for that which could be hit by accident I suppose. The icon looks like this:

Reaction score
Hello!

Recently I updated my files to go with the Blue Iris updates, and my ui2.htm now is not functioning properly. I've tried replacing the file manually and thru BITools and still have the same output (in the photo) Thanks for all you do bp2008 if it wasn't for your work I would not enjoy Blue Iris as much as I do! BI-UI2.JPG

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello!

Recently I updated my files to go with the Blue Iris updates, and my ui2.htm now is not functioning properly. I've tried replacing the file manually and thru BITools and still have the same output (in the photo) Thanks for all you do bp2008 if it wasn't for your work I would not enjoy Blue Iris as much as I do! View attachment 8262
CTRL + F5 to force a full refresh. If unsuccessful, re-download and re-extract everything (overwrite all files), then force another full refresh.

Reaction score
CTRL + F5 to force a full refresh. If unsuccessful, re-download and re-extract everything (overwrite all files), then force another full refresh.
OK i'ma go hit myself upside the head a few times for that dumbness lol, the force full refresh worked thanks a ton bp2008 :)

joenathan

n3wb
Reaction score
I does have a small request, that I does. I would be loving if theres was a favicon included, would make it real nice and purdey. Thank ya kindly

Rice

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hiya bp2008,
I noticed you mentioned a few post back that you use NetTime to sync your computer and camera times together.
I've tried using the NTP server built in Windows 7 and got nowhere! So I down loaded NetTime and installed it. NetTime reports it is happy and syncs th PC ok.

However, when I set up the (cheap chinese) cameras to get their time signals from the PC, they report a message in the log files saying they have failed to sync.

Am I setting things up right...? I've opened up port 123 in the PC firewall. (Both inbound and outbound).
I've setup the NTP on the cameras to look at the IP address of the PC that is running NetTime (the same PC as is running Blue Iris), and to use port 123.
NetTime has been setup to be a server as well.

I also tried the different protocols that NetTime can use, but none seem to work :(
Am I missing something or could it just be the cameras I'm using...? There are 6 of them and it looks like there are 3 different operating systems between them.

Any thoughts? Would be nice to get it working as their internal clock is... err... not very good!

Thanks bp2008!

Rice

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hiya bp2008,
I noticed you mentioned a few post back that you use NetTime to sync your computer and camera times together.
I've tried using the NTP server built in Windows 7 and got nowhere! So I down loaded NetTime and installed it. NetTime reports it is happy and syncs th PC ok.

However, when I set up the (cheap chinese) cameras to get their time signals from the PC, they report a message in the log files saying they have failed to sync.

Am I setting things up right...? I've opened up port 123 in the PC firewall. (Both inbound and outbound).
I've setup the NTP on the cameras to look at the IP address of the PC that is running NetTime (the same PC as is running Blue Iris), and to use port 123.
NetTime has been setup to be a server as well.

I also tried the different protocols that NetTime can use, but none seem to work :(
Am I missing something or could it just be the cameras I'm using...? There are 6 of them and it looks like there are 3 different operating systems between them.

Any thoughts? Would be nice to get it working as their internal clock is... err... not very good!

Thanks bp2008!

Rice
It could be just the cameras, but first double check that you have port 123 open for incoming UDP in the PC firewall. TCP can be open too, but UDP is the one that matters. Also, if you have another NTP server enabled on the same PC then it will conflict with nettime, so if you were using a different NTP server on this machine then make sure it gets disabled (and then restart nettime).

Rice

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It could be just the cameras, but first double check that you have port 123 open for incoming UDP in the PC firewall. TCP can be open too, but UDP is the one that matters. Also, if you have another NTP server enabled on the same PC then it will conflict with nettime, so if you were using a different NTP server on this machine then make sure it gets disabled (and then restart nettime).
Ah, you've done it again bp2008!
The Windows NTP server was still enabled in the registry. Disabled it and started up NetTime again and all works great now! All cameras, apart from one, is within 1 second, which is a GREAT improvement!
The one camera I've still got a problem with will not let me edit the box for the NTP server to use. It only has a pull down menu with 2 standard web based servers to pick from.
But hey, I'm a lot better off from were I was!
Thanks again!
Rice

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a way to add the camera's name to the top of each thumbnail?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
hunh? the ui2.htm GUI already has that, no? see screen shot:

Screenshot from 2016-02-12 12:51:11.png

If you're referring to having it ON the actual image, you can do that either in your camera's OSD setup,
or in BI's OSD setup for the cam (but only if you're NOT using DTD...)

Last edited by a moderator:

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On the clips area it is there, but I'd like to have the name about each camera in live time. We have 180 cameras on multiple servers and in order to see the name with an overlay we'd need to use some huge font that takes up a lot of the screen and that would cover a lot of the image...

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is a screenshot of our UI2.htm - the camera clips to the left only show the short name, and the main window gets so small you can't read the date (which is fine)... How can we label the cameras with the full name? I was hoping a little box could bound each image and show the full camera name... is that a possibility?

2016-02-12_17-39-09.jpg

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
wow. you need bigger monitors. :)
maybe organize the cams into groups if not already?

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do have groups, but the names are critical to our staff when communicating. And the all cameras view is used 99% of the time unless there is a problem or investigation...

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have dual 28" 4K monitors, but that makes no difference really.