I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
+ Added "unsafe" PTZ option in the options menu, Top Bar section. Unsafe PTZ controls are smoother, but may leave a camera in a moving state if the network connection is interrupted. For what it is worth, UI2's unsafe option is safer than jpegpull.htm's ptz controls.
Nice update, in particular the new "unsafe" PTZ option. I'm actually able to control the camera now without relying solely on presets. Awesome!

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know this is a long shot... But with multiple servers running, can you (bp2000) create a way to see specific cameras from different servers simultaneously in one spot/page?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I know this is a long shot... But with multiple servers running, can you (bp2000) create a way to see specific cameras from different servers simultaneously in one spot/page?
+1000!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You could try something like this with iframes, but Blue Iris has apparently within the last few months added a web server response header "X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN" which prevents a Blue Iris web interface from being loaded into a frame hosted by another web server (there is a legitimate reason for this -- to prevent cross site request forgery). So it would only work with older Blue Iris installs that don't have this header.

Anyway if you want to try, dump this into a new .htm or .html file.

HTML:
<html>
<head>
	<title>Blue Iris</title>
	<style type="text/css">
		body
		{
			margin: 0px;
		}

table
		{
			border-collapse: collapse;
			width: 100%;
			height: 100%;
		}

td
		{
			padding: 0px;
		}

iframe
		{
			width: 100%;
			height: 100%;
			border: none;
		}
	</style>
</head>
<body>
	<table>
		<tbody>
			<tr>
				<td style="width: 50%; height: 50%;"><iframe src="ui2.htm"></iframe></td>
				<td style="width: 50%; height: 50%;"><iframe src="http://othersite1/ui2.htm"></iframe></td>
			</tr>
			<tr>
				<td style="width: 50%; height: 50%;"><iframe src="http://othersite2/ui2.htm"></iframe></td>
				<td style="width: 50%; height: 50%;"><iframe src="http://othersite3/ui2.htm"></iframe></td>
			</tr>
		</tbody>
	</table>
</body>
</html>

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris has apparently within the last few months added a web server response header "X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN" which prevents a Blue Iris web interface from being loaded into a frame hosted by another web server (there is a legitimate reason for this -- to prevent cross site request forgery). So it would only work with older Blue Iris installs that don't have this header.
Note it is not impossible to work around this limitation. You could set up a proxy server to connect to all the Blue Iris instances so that as far as your browser was concerned every iframe would be loading content from the same origin.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
And if that doesn't work (or in my case, is too complicated to even try), you can always add the desired cameras from one BI server to another. I have three BI servers that I monitor. To each, I add a camera that shows the index view of the other servers' cameras.

Simply add a new camera, and use the settings in the attachment below. You can use a specific camera's short name, or you can specify a group name. Note that a "group" must have at least two cameras in it.

Add "?stream=X" to specify the specific stream (bit rate) you want to pull from the other server.

Attachments

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Note it is not impossible to work around this limitation. You could set up a proxy server to connect to all the Blue Iris instances so that as far as your browser was concerned every iframe would be loading content from the same origin.
Tell me more about this setup... Could be onto something here. And we don't want to miss out on all of Ken's latest features and additions - so we don't want to use an older version.

davem

n3wb
Reaction score
I've done a new update, bigger than the last one.

v0.11.0 - 2016-02-27
+ Added a calendar control for filtering clips and alerts.
+ Added a delete button to the clip/alert context menu. To access the context menu, left-click and hold on a clip or alert.
+ Added "unsafe" PTZ option in the options menu, Top Bar section. Unsafe PTZ controls are smoother, but may leave a camera in a moving state if the network connection is interrupted. For what it is worth, UI2's unsafe option is safer than jpegpull.htm's ptz controls.
+ Added optional URL parameters "group", "cam", and "fullscreen".
* Parameter "group" takes a group ID and sets it as the new default group image.
* Parameter "cam" takes a camera short name and loads this camera at the start.
* Parameter "fullscreen" causes UI2's left bar to be hidden if the value is "1" (without quotes).

The download link is the same as always, in the first post of this thread.
Thanks man, love the delete function, just what I've been needing. Would be nice to have the new zones listed in the description that the alert was posted because of, like you get in the main BI software. e.g. Showing that zone A>B was triggered etc.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Tell me more about this setup... Could be onto something here. And we don't want to miss out on all of Ken's latest features and additions - so we don't want to use an older version.
Believe it or not, I have never set up a proxy server using free software before, so I don't even know what software to recommend. You would be on your own for that. If you are confident that you can do it, then it is probably not worth the hassle. My next update for UI2 will likely include the (experimental) ability to have UI2 connect to other Blue Iris servers (so you can use ui2 with a server that does not actually have ui2 installed on it!). UI2 would behave a lot like a mobile app, where you only have to install it once and then it can connect to any Blue Iris server. Preliminary results suggest that this will work beautifully; the "X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN" header does not interfere. And once it is done you would be able to do the multiple-iframes-on-one-page thing even with the newest Blue Iris.

Thanks man, love the delete function, just what I've been needing. Would be nice to have the new zones listed in the description that the alert was posted because of, like you get in the main BI software. e.g. Showing that zone A>B was triggered etc.
I just looked, and that information is not included in the alert list sent by Blue Iris. Let me know if you see it pop up in the Android or iOS apps, and I'll reconsider then.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
v0.11.0 - 2016-02-27
+ Added a calendar control for filtering clips and alerts.
@bp2008 Hate to even ask given all the recent updates and added features you are rolling out, but would it be possible to add the ability to also filter based on a time range when selecting the date?

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@bp2008 Hate to even ask given all the recent updates and added features you are rolling out, but would it be possible to add the ability to also filter based on a time range when selecting the date?
Possible, certainly. I would probably add a second calendar button for date ranges. Since selecting a date range can be twice as much work, I wouldn't want to force everyone to select a range when all they need is one day.

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I misunderstood what @djangel was asking... but now I'm curious myself. Is there a way you can add a "time" option - meaning looking up clips at a certain hour/min? That way if I wanted to tell someone to go look at 2/25 at 10:15am - it's much easier to find the clip?

Ranges are great too though ;)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I misunderstood what @djangel was asking... but now I'm curious myself. Is there a way you can add a "time" option - meaning looking up clips at a certain hour/min? That way if I wanted to tell someone to go look at 2/25 at 10:15am - it's much easier to find the clip?

Ranges are great too though ;)
This could be added, but I do not intend to. That is what scrolling is for :D

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Biggest update yet.

v0.12.0 - 2016-03-01
+ Clips/alerts can now be filtered by a range of dates, not just one day. If the date range has more than 1000 clips/alerts, a loading progress indicator will appear.
+ UI2 can now be used as a client for external Blue Iris servers, even if they do not have UI2 installed on them. See the options, "Servers" section.
+ The clip list now scales larger and smaller to match the width of the left menu.
+ Mousing over a clip or alert now causes a looping 8-frame preview of the clip to be shown in the thumbnail.
* Fixed a bug where PTZ commands could be sent by hotkey when no PTZ camera was active.
* Filtering clips/alerts by date no longer changes your camera filter.
* Deleting a clip no longer changes your camera filter.
* Calendars for clip filtering now have their buttons aligned better.
* Fixed a bug where the first image to load in UI2 would be scaled wrong while it was loading, if that image was not 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Eliminated the message "A clip list is already loading".

The download link is the same as always, in the first post of this thread.

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just a thought - (This is absolutely amazing btw) - do you think you could make the server's name in the upper left bring a dropdown list of servers we've setup in preferences? Right now it brings up the about section - perhaps that could be moved to a new button or something? That way it would be a quick built in method to switch between servers instead of going back to the settings area each time to click on the servers... (Or is there an easier way to switch servers?)

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also - on the about page - can you please include your paypal link for donations? :) It's not greedy - it's just smart. And WELL deserved.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a thought - (This is absolutely amazing btw) - do you think you could make the server's name in the upper left bring a dropdown list of servers we've setup in preferences? Right now it brings up the about section - perhaps that could be moved to a new button or something? That way it would be a quick built in method to switch between servers instead of going back to the settings area each time to click on the servers... (Or is there an easier way to switch servers?)
One way you could make it easy to switch servers is to bookmark the /ui2.htm?serverlist=1 link found in the comments of the server list. That serverlist=1 parameter makes the server list open automatically.

But I like your idea of the dropdown menu from the server name button. I will do that, and just make the first item in the dropdown list be "About UI2". What do you think?