I need advice if I bought the wrong PoE injectors

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you have the correct injectors, but if you are using more than one, its cheaper to use a switch.
Right now I only have 2 cameras. I was thinking about ditching this and going with a PoE switch but need to do more research.

Thanks for the advice and clarifying.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Right now I only have 2 cameras. I was thinking about ditching this and going with a PoE switch but need to do more research.

Thanks for the advice and clarifying.
the injectors are 15-20. A 4 port poe switch is about 30-40. The injectors will just be messy.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
fenderman is right on above reply's.
FWIW, The 12 volt requirement is if you use the cameras optional barrel connector instead of true POE.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Consider how many cameras you may eventually install from this wired location and choose a switch with enough POE ports. If you start with a 4 port POE switch you will likely find you have to chain another one to it.
I have 2 of these working very well. There are cheaper similar units but the maximum wattage output is lower and these seem to have a good reputation. The second one I bought as REFURBISHED for $50. and come from the same supplier via Amazon.
BV-Tech 9 Port PoE+ Switch (8 PoE+ Ports | 1 Uplink Port) – 120W – 802.3af/at

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.