I need help

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Dahua XVR5108HS-i3, and 8 cameras.

Before I installed I tested the web interface, and got screen with 8 cameras when I clicked on Live.

Now I have the whole thing installed, open the web interface, and see a screen with 4 cameras, which all 4 show a black screen with the text download cerificate.

No idea how to get back to the 8 camera screen, and even less of idea of how to view my cameras.

I open the app on my phone, and it shows 8 live cameras, so cameras are definitely working.

Can someone help before I get the sledgehammer out please.

Thanks in advance

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like you need a Phd in something to use Dahua cameras lol.

I have discovered how to get rid of the download certificate by watching a youtube.

Now one of my cameras shows > confirm cancel in the middle of the screen. Any idea how to get rid of that?

Also my cameras are varifocal, and when I connected the XVR to my monitor by HDMI, I could zoom using the scroll wheel on the mouse.

No zoom function in the web interface, or at least I can't find it

I'm going through the web 3.0 manual, but my screen doesn't look like this.

I have no tabs at all top and bottom of the screen.

When I go to camera settings, all cameras are set substream 1, and there is no option to change it to main stream.

Any help will be appreciated, as I'm really losing the plot after 5 hours.

1664036443216.png1664037230702.png

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These things are browser sensitive.

Use Internet Explorer - not Chrome or Edge with an IE tab.

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These things are browser sensitive.

Use Internet Explorer - not Chrome or Edge with an IE tab.

Thanks, I normally use Firefox, I tried now with IE, and yes those settings are there now, but I guess I have to use binoculars.

1664037672943.png

Any suggestion how to get rid of the >confirm cancel?

1664037731372.png

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And looks like I'm still missing a lot.

1664037993826.png

Also still no settings to zoom or whatever.
1664038136666.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the manual is a generic manual.

If you have cameras that are fixed lens, it will not have a focus or zoom function.

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the manual is a generic manual.

If you have cameras that are fixed lens, it will not have a focus or zoom function.
My cameras are all varifocal 2.7 > 12mm hac-hfw2221rp-z-ire6.

When I connected the XVR by hdmi to the monitor, I could zoom in and out using the scroll wheel

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok found the digital zoom, they really could have made those tabs in the top left corner a little bigger lol

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Dahua XVR5108HS-i3, and 8 cameras.

Before I installed I tested the web interface, and got screen with 8 cameras when I clicked on Live.

Now I have the whole thing installed, open the web interface, and see a screen with 4 cameras, which all 4 show a black screen with the text download cerificate.

No idea how to get back to the 8 camera screen, and even less of idea of how to view my cameras.

I open the app on my phone, and it shows 8 live cameras, so cameras are definitely working.

Can someone help before I get the sledgehammer out please.

Thanks in advance
Hi @Basjke

Due to the browser related issues, I like to do my first configurations via the NVR and connected screen ..

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In my camera settings I have choice between H264 - H264B - H264H and H265.

Bitrate CBR or VBR.

Which are the recommended setting?

I notice that I can only select up to 15fps, while the cameras support 30Fps.

All the above is using the app and remote configuration

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here's a good post on this from @wittaj:

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still struggling to set up my cameras.

These are the settings I applied for 1 camera. My cameras are dh-hac-hfw2221rp-z-ire6

So it is set to 1080p 15Fps, but when I go to the PTZ of that camera, it shows it is 1080p 25Fps, and I have no option to change to 15Fps, only 720p 25 or 50Fps.

What I do wrong?

1665397333186.jpeg

1665397385889.jpeg
1665397658842.jpeg

Last edited:

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Still struggling to set up my cameras.

These are the settings I applied for 1 camera. My cameras are dh-hac-hfw2221rp-z-ire6

So it is set to 1080p 15Fps, but when I go to the PTZ of that camera, it shows it is 1080p 25Fps, and I have no option to change to 15Fps, only 720p 25 or 50Fps.

What I do wrong?
Looks like the recorder doesn't support that mode. Use720p settings

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also this, how do I confirm?

I can move the arrow between confirm and cancel, but don't know where to press confirm and make disappear.

1665409006600.jpeg

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is my current setup, and I hope someone can help, because I'm losing it.

I have currently 7 cameras installed. It are HDCVI cameras dh-hac-hfw2221rp-z-ire6, and get the signal over high quality Cat5e with passive baluns.

My XVR is XVR5108HS-I3, and I set up with monitor connected to the XVR.

Power supply is with a 12V power supply.

2 cameras are within 10 meters distance, and get powered over the LAN.

The other 5 cameras are about 25 meter distance, and get their power over 2 x 15awg copper VCT cable.

• 4 of the cameras, which get powered over the 15awg cable, can't access the PTZ menu, or zoom in/out when IR active. It works during daytime.

Would this be an issue with the power supply or the signal cable?

• All but 1 camera get the "failed to acquire configuration" pop-up when I select camera properties

Again, would this be a signal or power supply issue?

• How do I access the menus which I marked in red? I can bring the arrow down, but the symbol at the end of the line looks like an enter tab, but if I press enter on my keyboard, nothing happens.

1665416712903.png

All help will be much appreciated.

Twister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Crazy suggestion. Reset your system and connect cams 1 at a time. Walk through all configuration to make sure it works as you want then move to next cam. It's tough to troubleshoot when A might be causing problems with B. Easiest way to trace problem.

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Crazy suggestion. Reset your system and connect cams 1 at a time. Walk through all configuration to make sure it works as you want then move to next cam. It's tough to troubleshoot when A might be causing problems with B. Easiest way to trace problem.
It seems the major problem is my power supply.

I measure 11.83V at the camera while operational, but I get slightly distorted picture.

When I unplug the mains from the power supply, so UPS function kicks in, the picture is perfect.

I also can replace the power supply with a 12v 2A power adapter from an Android box, and the picture will also be perfect.

Something in the power supply creates a noise.

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Poor filtering and poor regulation in that power supply. Put it in your recycling container and get something reliable.
POE is not an option with my cameras, so can you suggest something reliable?