I/O error 0

midwest

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new to any forum my first : have patience with me , and my grammar is horrendous
the issue I'm having I get I/O error 0 one or two of cams go off line no signal
I'm running four wifi cams sv3b06w-1080p-hx
my
CPU runs any where from 9% to 60%
Ram runs 979.4M

2019-05-30 (1).png

any help would appreciated

thanks

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1)A screen shot of the error ?
2)Can you login to the cameras using a browser ?
3)how far and thru what are the cameras from the wifi antenna ?
4)What frame rate are you running the cameras on ?
5)What resolution are the cameras set too ?
6)Are the cameras on a completely separate wifi network then your home wifi network ?
7)What software are you using to record and display the camera data ?

Wifi network should never be used for security cameras, it is child's play to shut down a wifi network !

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT!

I assume you're using Blue Iris since you are in a Blue Iris forum.

@SouthernYankee has asked some important questions about Wi-Fi and camera settings because it's likely your wireless network cannot handle all the data that the cameras are supplying.

1) Did the cams work fine for a time and then Blue Iris just recently began displaying this error or is this the first time you have tried to connect these cameras to Blue Iris?

2) Can you provide a screen shot of one of the camera's "properties", "video" tab, "configuration" ?

3) back to the wireless issue: have you tried unplugging (turn off) 3 of the cams and disabling those 3 in Blue Iris to see if 1 cam will work OK?

4) Did you ever set up P2P on any camera(s) by scanning a QR code or entering a camera ID / serial number in a smartphone app?