i/o to alarm

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi
i want to have a small alarm connected to my camera so if it detect motion in a specific area then the alarm will sound, is this possible? if so is there any recommended alarms that i can use?
thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What type of camera do you want to do this with?
Have you identified the alarm I/O pigtail or connector on the camera?

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, that's perfectly possible. I have it installed on a Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-IS to which i connected a SICK WL260-R270 sensor. It's working like a charm. No false alarms anymore.
Of course you need the alarm I/O connector on the camera.
sweet, why did you connect the camera to a sensor though

i basically want the camera to act a sensor and activate a small alarm that i'll have in my room so i can quickly run out and check if it sounds

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
because the camera sucks ass at being a sensor; tha'll last about 2 days before you unplug it and give up on running leaves and clouds out of your yard.

using cameras for alerts is horrible; they cannot replace an actual sensor that never lets you down.

h901

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
because the camera sucks ass at being a sensor; tha'll last about 2 days before you unplug it and give up on running leaves and clouds out of your yard.

using cameras for alerts is horrible; they cannot replace an actual sensor that never lets you down.
oh ok, so have i understood you setup correctly, if the actual sensor detects anything then the camera will start recording?