I screwed up unchecked web access

SMXBob

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a Hikvision/ONVIF compatible PTZ camera. Instruction sheet calls it RealHD email is for cctvsupply.us. Thats about all I've got on it. I did have it working with my Avertx recorder just fine. But I was checking a few things at the camera and saw something called Web Access. Thinking I don't want someone on the ""web" accessing the camera directly since it is behind the recorder on the "network" I Unchecked it. Now all I get is the live image no PTZ, no recordings and cannot access the settings. I've tried from the recorder, directly over my network and reluctantly installed SADP which did not find it either. To reset it they tell you to use SADP - no button.

Any suggestions on how to get to the settings?

Thanks
Steve

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That "Web Access" must be referring to be able to access the embedded webGUI which allows configuration.
I would think that a hard reset would restore that to the default of being checked (enabled).

Camera model number?
Is the NVR a POE NVR and powers the PTZ or ??

Last edited:

SMXBob

n3wb
Reaction score
That "Web Access" must be referring to be able to access the embedded webGUI which allows configuration.
I would think that a hard reset would restore that to the default of being checked (enabled).

Camera model number?
Is the NVR a POE NVR and powers the PTZ or ??

Model # on the sticker is PTZ-2386IRC-ZS.
Yes POE.

When I tried SADP I used a power adapter and hooked it up to a router. SADP did not find it. Using the router was how I changed the static IP address in the first place.

Ironically there is an RST button on the controller but it does nothing. I read that you have to use SADP to reset the camera.

The camera itself works well for a PTZ camera on the NVR. But they apparently did not think clearly when designing it, at least for a dummy like me. Why I decided to make a change when it was working who knows. But security is one reason we have these, right?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ironically there is an RST button on the controller but it does nothing.
How did you test this?

A couple of ways to suggest :
Keep the button pressed, power on the camera, keep the button pressed for maybe a minute.
Power on the camera, press the button and keep it pressed for maybe a minute.

In either case, watch for something that might indicate the button has done something, such as the 'link detect' light going off and on at the router port, the IR LEDs going on and off, the camera doing a rotation calibrate, SADP finding it on a refresh etc.

SMXBob

n3wb
Reaction score
How did you test this?
Usual methods. But mainly it still connects to my NVR. Reset would have restored the unusable static IP address

Turning off Web services basically destroys it. Unless I can send it a command some how but would assume it prevents that too

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But mainly it still connects to my NVR. Reset would have restored the unusable static IP address
But then "web access" would be re-enabled and at that point you should be able to log into it and set the IP back to what it is now and/or select DHCP or static for the IP....no? :wtf:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
From what ive learned about New out of the box or factory reset cameras,
I assumed they had a Static IP address, but in reality when plugged into an NVR they were being " assigned" an address in the 10.10..x.x range with no input from the user.
BUT...the same cameras could also be found ( if plugged into a PoE switch) at it's factory default IP address like in the case of Dahua and it's OEM's of "192.168.1.108" and what ever HIK uses...something like a . . 0.54 address.

Last edited:

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Usual methods. But mainly it still connects to my NVR. Reset would have restored the unusable static IP address

Turning off Web services basically destroys it. Unless I can send it a command some how but would assume it prevents that too
Did you hold the RST button for at least 30 seconds? Heck try for 60 or longer while it's powered on. Maybe run a continously ping... it should start dropping pings when it's rebooting for the reset.

Ping -t 1.2.3.4 in Windows. Just an idea.

SMXBob

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you hold the RST button for at least 30 seconds? Heck try for 60 or longer while it's powered on. Maybe run a continously ping... it should start dropping pings when it's rebooting for the reset.

Ping -t 1.2.3.4 in Windows. Just an idea.
Yes 3, 5, 10, 30, 60 seconds and everything in between and after. Tried while connecting to power.

I can reach the camera and the live video is accessible through the NVR. Can not access it directly with a browser and SADP did not find it.

My first time using SADP. My router shows the camera. Why won't SADP find it? All I see in SADP is a refresh button. Is there a way to type in the IP?

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes 3, 5, 10, 30, 60 seconds and everything in between and after. Tried while connecting to power.

I can reach the camera and the live video is accessible through the NVR. Can not access it directly with a browser and SADP did not find it.

My first time using SADP. My router shows the camera. Why won't SADP find it? All I see in SADP is a refresh button. Is there a way to type in the IP?
Sorry, I'm not familiar. I don't have nor have ever had an NVR nor have I ever used SADP.

I did however find two sets of steps below. Not sure if you've already tried the below, but figured it may be worth sharing.

Last edited:

SMXBob

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not familiar. I don't have nor have ever had an NVR nor have I ever used SADP.

I did however find two sets of steps below. Not sure if you've already tried the below, but figured it may be worth sharing.

Thanks for the reply. That's the main issue I want to resolve getting to the camera settings from the NVR. But turning off Web Services stopped that...

SMXBob

n3wb
Reaction score
But then "web access" would be re-enabled and at that point you should be able to log into it and set the IP back to what it is now and/or select DHCP or static for the IP....no? :wtf:
LOL yes if I could reset it

SMXBob

n3wb
Reaction score
From what ive learned about New out of the box or factory reset cameras,
I assumed they had a Static IP address, but in reality when plugged into an NVR they were being " assigned" an address in the 10.10..x.x range with no input from the user.
BUT...the same cameras could also be found ( if plugged into a PoE switch) at it's factory default IP address like in the case of Dahua and it's OEM's of "192.168.1.108" and what ever HIK uses...something like a . . 0.54 address.
It appears every NVR, camera, even compatible with all have their little quirks. Whenever I get a camera with a .1 static IP address I have to get into the camera settings and set it to DHCP/dynamic.

SMXBob

n3wb
Reaction score
Windows says the AJDevTools zip file has a virus. Vendor says it is safe. Anyone know for sure if it is a false alarm from Windows?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it came from the vendor, and you want to use the camera, then you have to take a leap of faith that it is safe. It is how the "unknown Publisher" or "potential virus" or "compromised" messages are generated (just called virus moving forward in the rest of this post for simplicity) that can cause these issues.

It probably is not a virus, rather it is whatever antivirus you are using has flagged it as a potential virus. Some programs look at the total number of users and below a certain number, it is flagged. These specialty type files/programs get false positives all the time.

You can check the file with VirusTotal , an antivirus website owned by Google that runs it thru a lot of different antivirus algorithms.

SMXBob

n3wb
Reaction score

Cartel

n3wb
Reaction score
glad to hear it.
yes I noticed the tool has lots of stuff not shown on the web access. very confusing.
The tool also seems to have default setting in the fields and changing 1 field and hitting save also saves the defaults they entered and then it really gets confusing.

I wish it had better onvif commands....1-255 is not good enough.
I'd like to see stuff like:
Play dog barking
Auto focus on
Auto focus off
Auto iris on
Auto iris off
Backlight on
Backlight off
Stop
IR on
IR off
H Patrol
V Patrol

instead of

up to 255

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Glad to hear things have been sorted.

The number of times I’ve done things without properly thinking is beyond reckless

Just a few days ago I had the bright idea that I would change the RDP port on my BI PC so that if somebody gained access to my home network then it wouldn’t be obvious how to get to the PC.

My PC is on the loft, so I RDPed in, made the registry change and then restarted the service expecting to be disconnected. When I then went to reconnect I couldn’t as I had forgotten to add the required firewall rules. Was cursing and swearing at the fact that I would need to fetch the PC down to fix the issue. It was only yesterday I remembered that I had enabled Powershell remote admin so using that I was able to add the required firewall rules cams can now RDP using the non standard port